Chapter 7 - Best Teacher Ever

Hey cupcakes! This is just a filler chapter, but I thought it was fun. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up writing this story as well as I have, but updates might slow down again, just because I'll be places without internet connection often. Anyway, enjoy!

    Oswin walked into the classroom, seating herself on the edge of the desk. She was perhaps their most confusing teacher, but she was certainly their favorite besides Professor Lupin.

    "Right then." She began, picking up the text book. "Since I have no idea what you've been learning, let's start with the introduction and go from there. Miss Granger, would you read the introduction?" She did, the class groaning. As she read, Harry saw his aunt's brows change position so many times he wasn't quite sure what she was thinking, as that was all he could see from behind her copy of the book. Once Hermione finished, Oswin lowered the book from in front of her face to reveal the most disgusted expression Harry had ever seen.

     "Professor?" Lavender asked timidly. Oswin seemed to shake herself slightly, though she kept her expression as she looked around at them. Her next words were what convinced most of the class that they would like her just fine.

     "That," she paused, seemingly unable to get past her disgust. "Was the most appalling piece of rubbish I have ever read in my entire life." Plenty of the class snickered as she stood, shaking her head. "I will certainly not be teaching you this! Who in the bloody hell wrote this rot?" Pansy spoke up, a strange thing as she usually sulked in the back.

    "Wilbert Slinkhard, professor." Oswin looked back at the book in exasperated disdain.

    "Well, then Mr. Wilbert Slinkhard was a bloody moron." Here she paused a moment, then shook her head again. "I don't think I will tolerate this in my room anymore. The rest of the book can wait until I find something suitable for it, but this introduction cannot stay. Rip out all eleven pages of the intro immediately please." They stared at her as she grasped the pages in her own book. She looked up to see them, and realized they thought she was joking. "Oh, no. I'm quite serious. I love books, but this is utter rubbish." With that, she ripped the pages out all at the same time, and it seemed as though some of the children's eyes would pop out of their heads. She began to rip the pages into little pieces and looked back at the class as she tossed the scraps into the air. "Confetti! It's a parade!" She smirked, pointing at them all. "Rip!" Then she walked to the back room to grab a rubbish bin. The class sat in stunned silence for a moment, and then began to rip the pages out. Even Hermione had no hesitation when she ripped the pages out. Suddenly, the door to the classroom slammed open, and they all stopped and turned to see Professor Snape in the doorway.

      "What are you doing?" He asked in his usual drawl. At that moment, Oswin can back, levitating a rubbish bin in front of her, and she smiled at him, much to the surprise of some of her students.

      "Severus! How nice of you to drop in." Again, to much confusion, Snape seemed to act like a normal human being, sighing in defeat before looking back at Oswin.

      "Oswin, what are you doing?" She rolled her eyes, grabbing an extra copy of the book.

       "Ridding the world of the worst literature I have ever had the misfortune to come across." Snaps raised an eyebrow.

       "It cannot possibly be bad enough to justify vandalizing a book." Oswin tossed him the book.

       "Read all eleven pages of that atrocious introduction." Snape rolled his eyes, but did as he was told. Once he was finished, he looked up at Oswin and the classroom. And, with a completely straight face, proceeded to rip out the introduction, tear it into little pieces, and throw it in the air as Oswin had done.

  "Carry on." And with that, he swept from the room. Oswin turned back to the class.

    "What are you all sitting like that for? Rip!"