Chapter 4 - Oswin?

Hey cupcakes! If anything in these chapters seem random or strange, I often start writing at like, 3:00 in the morning without having slept a wink, so sorry about that. In fact, that's what I'm doing now, so I hope you enjoy my random and strange sense of humor that seems to have infected my poor characters. Enjoy!

While Harry and his friends were figuring out how to get to the ministry of magic, Severus Snape had a different mission. He was deep underground in Finland, deep enough that it felt as though he would be crushed by the sheer pressure of the soil above him, and the curses and hexes placed on the doors he was blasting his way through were starting to really piss him off. The amount of times he had had to reverse the jelly-legs jinx in the past twenty minutes made him never wish to see another jelly bean for the rest of his life. Not that the poor sweets had anything to do with his predicament, but even the word jelly was starting to annoy him. This was the first lead to finding his old friend in years, and he would be damned if he didn't follow it to the end. He had overheard a discussion between Bellatrix and Voldemort, which they would never know he had heard at all if he could help it, and followed the vague directions to where he was now, breaking the enchantments surrounding the eighty-ninth door he had come across that day. They were simple enough spells, but the entrance had become quite tedious. Apparently, ten doors had been already entered before he had come, and it angered him that whoever had come looking had been deterred by a measly ten.

Finally, the ninetieth door opened, and he entered a dark room, with only a pale and ghostly light to show him what was inside. A woman's body was floating in a sort of bubble, a multitude of gashes and scrapes covering her arms and torso, seen only through the ripped fabric of the top and pants that covered her, the boots on her feet unaffected. Severus stared in shock for a moment before beginning to break the spells and protective charms that held her in the air and in the bubble. After all these years of searching and losing hope slowly by the day, Oswin Potter was here, and from what he could tell as he looked at her, she was alive.

Once the bubble was broken, and Oswin lay safely in the ground, Severus began to heal her wounds as best he could, a massive headache beginning to build up from how deep they were. Her wand was in his pocket, found in a trophy case in the basement of Malfoy Manor, somewhere else no one would ever suspect him of entering. Suddenly, as his muttered magic healed the last wound until it was only a scar, the pair of bright blue eyes that always seemed to see as much as Dumbledore snapped open and, as they landed on Severus, the woman smiled, earning one in return from the man who sat next to her before she pulled him into a hug. Yes, Oswin Potter was alive, and very glad to be so.

----

At 12 Grimmauld Place, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin left with the majority of the Order of the Phoenix to fight at the Ministry. Not a minute later, Molly Weasley heard a thud from the entryway. She readied her wand, but relaxed as soon as Snape entered the living room.

"Snape! Thank goodness, you gave me a fright!"

"Molly." He said, stopping the rambling that was sure to follow. He never called her by her name unless something was very important. "There's someone you need to see." She looked at him in confusion, until another pair of feet could be heard, and Snape stepped aside to reveal the new arrival. There, staring back at her, was the smiling face of her long-dead friend.

"Oswin?"