Chapter 12 -

The next time Harry saw his aunt was at the funeral of Albus Dumbledore. He hadn't even seen her coming, but both she and Remus appeared right behind him, a little bundle in Oswin's arms. Seeing his new little cousin brightened his day, and took some of the sting of losing Dumbldore away. The baby was a girl, Minerva Hope Potter-Lupin. Harry was pretty sure the tears in McGonagall's eyes weren't just for Dumbledore when she heard that. He wasn't surprised they had named the little girl after the Professor, it had been clear that she was the favorite for all the Marauders, especially given all the stories of them she was somehow involved in. According to Oswin, Laelynn had taken to the child very quickly, and carried the little girl on her back whenever it was safe. 

-------------------------------------

    He saw her again at the Burrow the next year, when she immediately began checking on everyone as they landed, taking over healing George's ear when Molly's hands began to shake. She found Harry the night before Bill and Fleur's wedding, both of them clearly unable to sleep, and just sat with him for a moment. Minerva, affectionately known as "Minnie" once again after her namesake, was sleeping upstairs. She was a little ball of energy, with Remus's hair and nose and Oswin's eyes and face. If anything could push him to decide to start his journey sooner rather than later, it was his baby cousin. Oswin had held him close, whispering in his ear a few spells that he had never heard of before, and then kissed his forehead before telling him she loved him and returning to bed.

    She knew what he was going to do, at least to the extent that she knew it was dangerous. And that she couldn't help him, not really. She couldn't go with him, and Harry knew how that felt because all he wanted to do was stay with her and make sure the little family he had left was safe. But just like Oswin knew he could take care of himself, he had to trust that she could as well. Harry reminded himself that his aunt was an auror, someone who terrified Fudge and Umbridge and the Dark Lord himself. Not to mention she had married a werewolf, and regardless of how gentle Remus was, that took some guts. Besides, Remus wouldn't let anything happen to the two women in his life, and Laelynn would torch anyone who came near them. 

    When the wedding was interrupted, he was glad to see his aunt and uncle standing together, back to back, Minnie in Oswin's arms. They disapparated just as he, Ron, and Hermione did, and he breathed a little easier knowing that they were out of harm's way, at least for the time being.

     He still didn't know where they were staying, but that was for the best. He hoped they had moved from wherever they were before they were tracked. Voldemort was still afraid of Oswin, he was sure of that, but he truly didn't understand why. But he had an idea, based on a rumor that Oswin and the rest of the marauders had met him once before, and Oswin knew his name. If there was one thing Voldemort was afraid of other than dying, it was someone knowing how his mind worked. He was afraid of Dumbledore because he knew what made him tick, not just because of his power. Though if that were the biggest factor, Harry had a feeling Voldemort would still be scared of her. Still, he was looking forward to seeing what would happen if they ever did meet face to face again.