Chapter 6: Miles Prower On A Cliffhanger

(Rainbow Dash)

I can't believe that I'm on another planet, with my friends and I met some new friends, too! Luckily, they were kind enough to help us find The Elements of Harmony. I still wonder, though, why does anybody want to get their hands on The Chaos Emeralds? It must be something bad as Tails explained that they can cause chaos, if it falls into the wrong hands. And something about a creature called, 'Chaos'?

"Now, we have the kindness element shard, where to, next, Tails?" I flew above Tails to get a good view of the element detector.

"I'm on it, Rainbow--" I cut him off as I fell down, "AH!" my wings had failed me. I was going to crash into a bush but Sonic caught me, "Woah! Nice save! And thanks."

He stopped running and put me down. "You're welcome."

"I just don't know what went wrong." I made my hand turn into a fist. "I do  know how to fly. After, all, I'm the best flyer.. in all of Equestria!"

"Maybe, you're not used to it, here. Because of your wings, they look bigger." Sonic pointed to my wings.

"My WINGS!?" I looked behind myself. "You're right, I remember that my wings weren't as this big."

"Too bad. I guess you'll have to practice your flying, again."

I sighed. "I was afraid of this, happening. But the best part is that I get to practice with Fluttershy." I chuckled.

Fluttershy's eyes widened as she looked at me. "ME!? I actually forgot that I had wings, that's why I've been walking on hoof."

"Hoof? I think you mean that you've been walking on foot." Cream corrected my friend.

"Oh, right. On foot, then. But I'll still practice flying with you, Rainbow Dash, if it means that much to you."

"Great! We'll do it, now!"

"NOW!?" I glared at her. "Fine!" she sighed, while I smiled.

"Now, that's over. Where's the next element, Tails?" inquired Twilight Sparkle.

"I've been checking it and it's at that tall mountain, up ahead!" Tails looked up from his screen. "The scanner has showed that the loyalty element is there!"

"Let's get a move on!" Pinkie Pie said.

We all walked up to the trail that led to the top of the mountain. "Rainbow, why aren't we practicing, anymore?"

"Because we're on top of a mountain and if we did, that would be dangerous." I continued walking.

"Yes, it would. I haven't really thought about that."

★★★★★

Cream the rabbit gasped in surprise. "There it is!" she pointed up and it was at a cliff. The sunshine made it shimmer to see that it actually was there. The youngster was about to fly with her flapping ears, "I'll get it!"

"No, WAIT!" Amy and I said in unison as I grabbed Cream's left leg and the hedgehog-girl got a grip on the other one.

Cream stopped flying, we got her immediate attention, she furrowed a eyebrow at us. "What is it? Why won't you, let me go?" she landed. Amy and I removed our hands from her legs.

"Cream, are you, CRAZY!?" Amy shouted, throwing her arms around in a frantic way. "You're too young to do that, you can get hurt!"

"I'm afraid that she's right," I agreed with the pink hedgehog.

Cream's eyes sparkled, "But, I-I... just wanted to help."

"We know you do." I patted her head. "This time, somepony else has to do it. Someone who can fly."

"It's ok, I'll do it!" Tails raised his hand. "Here, hold this for me." he gave the Harmonic-Equest to me. "Alright, Tails."

Tails glanced at the cliff and back at me. "I'll be back before you can even say, 'miles per hour!'" he said with a hearty chuckle. Everyone else and I cracked up at his pun-intended joke, except for Shadow. He looks dark and mysterious, he probably doesn't laugh, smile, or even show any emotions. He's always in the background, with a serious expression that's mostly plastered on his face.

"Get it!?" Because my name is Miles Prower, but it sounds like--"

"Ok, we get it. Just go!" Amy was pushing Tails away. "Fine, if you say so." she stopped as he stood up.

"Tails!" Cream held Cheese in her arms.

"Yes, Cream?" the fox took a notice that Cream was calling his name, she ran up to him. "Please, be careful. I don't want one of my other friends to get hurt."

"It's ok, I'll look out for myself." Tails scratched his head, his eyes were closed.

★★★★★

I watched Tails, he flew down to the cliff. "I got it--AH!" The cliff fell down, going lower. "TAILS!" Cream and Sonic said. A huge boulder fell down the cliff that Tails was at and it landed on both of his tails. He couldn't escape, he couldn't fly. "HELP!"

"We'll help you, buddy. Just hang in there!" Sonic cupped his cheeks with his hands to increase the volume of his voice. "Help is on the way!"

Cream covered her mouth with her hands. "Oh no! I didn't want Tails to be in danger! I hope he doesn't get any injuries."

"Rouge and Knuckles, help Tails out!" Sonic told his two friends.

Rouge flew up, Knuckles tagged along by holding onto one of her legs. "You got it, blue! But what's in it, for me?"

"How about a chaos emerald?"

"Ooh! That's perfect!" the bat-girl gushed. They went over to the cliff. The echidna pushed the boulder away and Tails was free to move around. "Gee, thanks!" the fox took lift off with his two tails, the element was still in his hand. As they left, the cliff that was down the mountain had gotten destroyed.

Rouge cleared her throat at Sonic, crossing her arms. "The chaos emerald?" she put her hand out. "Hand it, over!"

"Here you go," the blue speedster got out a green chaos emerald that was behind him.

Rouge's eyes glittered in admiration, just admiring the gorgeous treasure that lied in her two open hands. "AH! A girl's treasure is her gem."

Tails handed Rarity the element. "We have two elements, we just need four that are left!" he said. I gave him the Harmonic-Equest. We had the kindness and loyalty element.