McDonalds Belongs to the Ghost King

You stood in line behind Percy as he was ordering.You've actually been standing here for about five minutes becuase this child is as indecisive as a hormonal teenage prep picking out lipstick.

"And a large diet coke"those were the only words you caught before Percy put his hand on your back and gave you a slight shove forward to the cashier.

You sent him a death glare before turning you look at the cashier.Not just any cashier though,your friend Nico Di Angelo.

Nico had dark hair that hung loosely and pieces strayed infront of his eyes.He had dark brown eyes and even though he did have a tanner skin tone from his Italian genes,he was kinda pale.Weird,but he made it work.

You were actually really good friend's with his step-sister,Hazel.They had the same dad,but not the same mom,so in return their features were noticeably different.You met Hazel at the beginning of last year and hung out alot since then,thats when she introduced you to Nico.You two became good friends and started dating early this year,but decided you both preferred to stay friends over the summer.Which was perfectly fine with you.

"Hey,(Nico's nickname for you)."Nico said,giving you an almost unseen smile.

"Hey Hell's Hottie"you joked and he rolled his eyes,quietly chuckling.

"What would you like?"he asked looking down at the cash register then back at you.

"Eh...ten-piece nuggets and tea."you said and before you could pay for yours,Percy slid beside you and handed Nico the money.

"I thought you were broke?"you said.

"When it comes to paying for brand new mansion like windows,I am.When it comes to McDonalds,Im not"he said with a smirk.

You rolled your eyes and picked up your tray when Nico called your order.

You walked beside Percy and sat down across from him in a booth.You watched him as he unwrapped both his burgers,shove a few fries in his mouth,and take a sip of his coke.

He noticed you looking at him and wiggled his eyebrows,"Checking me out?"

You shook your head,"No.Wondering why they let pigs in here"you said referring to his lack of manners.

"I dont know why they let you in.Tell me when you find out."he laughed and you grabbed one of his fries and threw it at him.It landed in his mouth and he coughed and spit it out.

"Ew..."you said looking down at the soggy fry.

"Trying to choke me?"he asked wiping his mouth.

"No,trying to shut you up."

"You know a kiss could do that."he winked and you stuck your tongue out,making a gagging sound.

"The day I kiss you is the day I die"

"Cause my hotness will kill you?Too much to bare?"he teased and once again you rolled your eyes.

"Youre an idiot,Jackson."you muttered as you ate your burger.

You waved to Nico as you walked by the cash register.He smiled and gave you a slight nod.

"McDonalds belongs to the Ghost King!"you joked as you walked behind Percy,leaving.

You heard Nico chuckle and that made you smile even more.

You tried to joke around more with Nico since you broke up.Not to ease any awkward tension,cause there wasnt any.His sister passed away a few weeks after you two split and it made him really quiet and isolated after that.His sister was his best friend beside you and Hazel.He rarely smiled and never really left his house.So after Hazel convinced him to get a job(bless your persuasive skills Haze) you tried to visit him at work and do what you could to make him happy.

***

Percy pulled into your driveway and you let go of his torso to take off your helmet.Percy had gotten off his bike and watched as you tried to fix the stray strands of hair that blew in your face and mouth.Hair in the mouth is one of the most annoying things.

"Maybe if you cut your hair..."he muttered and you shot him a glare.

"I dont need hair tips from the bad boy...although you probably spend more time on your looks then I do"you laughed to yourself and put your helmet on the handle of his bike.Getting off,you noticed Percy pick up your helmet and hand it to you.

"I dont have a motorcycle,Per-ass,and I dont need a helmet for my bike."you said and he rolled his eyes.

"I doubt this will be the last time we go for lunch together"he winked at you and handed you the helmet.More like forced you to hold,but whatever.

"I dont plan on spending more time then I have to with you."

"Well unless you want more broken windows,you probably will"he said as he got back on his bike.

"Why are you doing this?"you asked and even a toddler could understand the annoyance in your tone.

"Because Leo gets busy and youre my back up buddy for now"he smirked and before you could say anything else,he started his motorcycle and pulled out.

"Fuck you,Jackson" you said through slightly gritted teeth and walked inside.