1.10

I woke up behind a rock with the people that attacked me blocking the skylight. Their faces were dark shadows compared to the brightness surrounding them. If I didn't know any better, I'd think they were angels. I was being cradled in Robin's arms and I heard him explaining something to the others. 

"Once she wakes up-"

I cut him off, sleepy-eyed, with a groan. "Where am I?"

"You're awake!" Robin squeezed the life out of me and I yelped. "Sorry," he apologized.

I saw the green girl massage her temples on her head and her eyes glow a blinding white. Then, the scenery changed.

We were on this platform with what looked like thousands of fragmented mirrors that made up the walls and ceiling, and faint whispers could be heard. On each piece of glass was a different image. A memory.

All of a sudden, a glowing figure appeared in front of me, and my mind began to clear. It was as if a cloud was blocking my brain and was now getting sucked up by a vacuum cleaner.

M'gann, I thought, and Artemis, and Wally, and Robin. Him, I remember. How could I forget? But where are Aqualad and Superboy?

"I brought you into my mind to share what I've remembered so far," Miss Martin told us. "But I need your help. Together, our broken memories can form a whole," she paused, "if you open your minds to mine."

"You want to paw through our private thoughts?" Artemis asked harshly. She didn't want us to know something.

M'gann quickly tried to explain herself, "I have no wish to intrude, but-"

She was cut off by Robin, "You need to hack our minds to grok what happened to us. Got it. Go."

"My brain's all yours," Kid Flash flirted. "Try not to let its brilliance overwhelm you." A laugh burst from the back of my throat, and I had to bite my lip to contain it.

Kid Flash was about to say something to me when Robin joked, "Or underwhelm you. Hey, why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?"

He makes a good point, I thought, nodding my head in agreement. Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw Wally grab Artemis's hand. I couldn't help but cheer. Go get em', Wally!

"Last six months only, and only what you need," Artemis granted sternly. Cool light blue sparkly hands jutted out from M'gann's head, which was a bit disturbing, and grabbed onto each of our own. Then, the scenery swirled into a blur of blue and light gray, and all we saw was Batman. It felt surreal, like a dream sequence, but we were fully conscious. I knew that.

"The Watchtower detected an immense power surge in the Bialyan desert. Spectral analysis revealed elements non-terrestrial in origin. Find out what happened at that site, what landed there," Batman reported as he showed us a picture of an Egyptian woman with a lot of jewelry. "Bialya is a rogue state ruled by Queen Bee-"

Oh, that's who she is, I thought. Makes sense.

"-And not a member of the League's U.N. Charter. All communications are subject to interception. Maintain radio silence at all times. You'll land in Kourak on Bialya's border. Two clicks from the hot zone."

The scene changed once more, the ceiling of the cave blurring into the starry night sky.

"All clear," said Robin as Superboy unloaded a ginormous and heavy black box with different colored buttons everywhere.

"The Bialyans control the site," stated Artemis matter-of-factly as Robin, her, and I crawled up to the edge of the cliff to see a large tent and patrolling guards scattered across the lower grounds.