2.14

As we flew between skyscrapers and weaved through stone statues, I felt like a mouse being chased by a cat. I wasn't naive enough to think that Superman wouldn't dare to chase us. We're his mission, his prey. It wasn't the other way around. I just had to get him to a certain place, and Batman was somehow able to practically read my thoughts.

"I'm calling Wonder Woman," Batman said through the earpiece, even though his mouth was centimeters away from my ear.

I heard arrows zoom through the air, Dick's way of distracting him. I smiled at his lame efforts that seemed to miraculously do the job.

"Got him, guys," Nightwing yelled as he stalled Superman. Not giving it another thought, Batman took off again with me holding on like my life depended on it, which it did.

We landed for a break, but were soon bombarded with Superman's strength. He charged at us, and any force Bruce tried to use against him was just not enough. I jumped out of the way before he had the chance to attack. Batman may have been fighting in a heavy metal suit, but I had skin and bones that could easily tear and break. I watched as the two titans clashed, not sure how to disrupt their war.

A news helicopter floated around the battlefield (a rooftop) as the men fought, throwing punch after punch and kick after kick. I could only imagine what terrible story the media was going to transform this into.

As much as I wanted to sit back and watch with a bucket of my favorite popcorn, I had to do something. I didn't know what, but I had to.

The fight relocated to a city street and Superman attacked first, throwing a flaming car at the man-sized bat. All three of us knew that Bruce wasn't going to be as fast in that suit, but he wouldn't give it up, no matter how many times Superman launched him across the city. It was his only chance, but not mine. 

Superman carelessly ripped off every single piece of the suit limb by limb as I was observant. I was slowly learning each of his moves, only to act after I had conducted my research. Dick taught me that when I joined the Team, and I was forever grateful.

"Hey, blue boy," I hollered, energy evidently striking through the pores in my skin. I slightly bent my elbows, ready for the burst of energy building up in my muscles. Electricity crackled in my eardrums as I lurched forward, giving him all I had and sending him through three brick walls and an aluminum truck.

Impressive, my ego doubled.

"Cool," Dick expressed, joining the action a bit too late as we approached Batman.

"You get a raise," he told me, catching me a tad off guard.

"I get paid?" I asked, shock consuming my puzzled face.

"What do you guys need?" a feminine voice asked as she landed, her silver cuffs reflecting the moon's light. She turned to Bruce and stated in an almost whisper, "You know I'm not even supposed to be on duty."

"Come on," he ordered as he started to run, not answering my question. I made a mental note to talk to him about it later.

"We need to get to the nearest place with atomic waste," I shared.

"What?" Dick asked, taken aback.

"Why?" Wonder Woman questioned. I didn't answer. I just ran.

"Ew," Nightwing complained. "Is this where you were leading him? What are you going to do, stink him into submission?"

I laughed. "Something like that."

"Here we are," Batman said as he gripped the wheel of a large can, a bright yellow triangle with the words 'hazardous waste' printed in big black letters in the center.