2.13

I was shocked to say at the least. In fact, if I saw David Bowie ride in on a dragon manifested by lightning, I wouldn't have been as fazed as I was now. 

Lex Luthor-- simple heartless businessman by day, evil internationalist that wants to control the world by night. That's what his business cards should have said. His current one is too misleading. Somehow, this strange bald man, born and raised in Metropolis, was able to control the man of steel, born on Krypton and raised under a bright, burning yellow sun.

"Ivy's mind control spores laced with kryptonite," Batman spoke up, remaining in his spot.

I was realizing how everything fit like a puzzle, but we didn't know where the last piece was. Maybe it was under the table; maybe it was flushed down the toilet. No one knew except for Luthor.

Lex took a threatening step forward. "So you are as clever as they say."

"Well, he is the world's greatest detective," I mumbled, not caring at the moment who heard.

"Ah, and (y/n), I presume that is you," Luthor greeted. "You still are that foolish little girl, aren't you? How's that mother of yours doing?"

"Don't," I warned, allowing the loose energy to surge through my veins, not letting one artery or capillary go untouched.

He laughed, his voice still deep "He was a little resistant last night so I thought I'd give him an extended dose." He glanced toward the not-so-super Superman.

Then, Bruce asked a question I never thought I'd hear him say. "What are you up to, Luthor?" You'd think that he already knew. I mean, he was Batman.

"Saving the world, Batman," Luthor responded. "You saw how helpless it was during the alien invasion. We have no central control, no plan of attack. Instead we put our faith in aliens." Obviously, he was referring to the Kryptonian in the room. "Well, no more. Only humans should be in charge of Earth's destiny."

Whatever he thought 'saving the world' meant was very different than our perspective. Controlling the world wasn't saving it. I learned that from my time in the League of Assassins. Everybody wanted to control everybody, but what do you do with those that remain resistant? Those that oppose everything you believe? That's the million dollar question. If you answer that, you can dominate everyone and everything.

"Humans with robots," Bruce confirmed, slowly approaching Lex Luthor.

"Oh, they're more than just robots, Batman," he told us. "They're powerful, aerial, wireless transmitters. Once aloft, they'll target the most strategic military installations in the world at which point, they'll interface with the defense systems on the ground, giving me complete control. I don't expect everyone to understand what I'm doing at first, but in the end, we'll have a single worldwide army. One that will ensure protection against aliens. No one will dominate the Earth again."

I could only imagine the damage the world would undergo while being invaded by these supposed robots. In all robot movies, the humans end up being exterminated. It couldn't be much better in the real world. Even though those movies were far from factual.

"Except for you," I stepped forward, shedding of my innocence.

"Well, someone has to be in charge," he reasoned. "And who could stop me except for Superman? And he may turn out to be the most valuable robot of all."

I'm not going to lie, he had a great point. If I were to take over the world-- not that I'd thought about it or anything--, I would attack my strongest opponent, eliminating any competition I may have.

"Destroy him, but leave the girl for me," Lex Luthor demanded, smirking my way and triggering a gag.

Just as Superman took a step forward, his eyes growing greener than before, Batman threw three batarangs, each lodging themselves in the controlling machine strapped to the man of steel's chest. In a few short seconds, the system exploded with an echoing boom, launching Luthor across the room.