9 {Arry} 9

WARNING:
This chapter includes the mistreatment of minors. It also includes the kidnapping and torturing of minors. If this bothers you, please do not read. This chapter is important to the plot, but I can always fill someone in. There is no need to read something that makes you uncomfortable.

+ + +

I woke up confused. A headache raged in my head. The muscles in my arms were numb. They hung above my head tied together. The lights in the room were dim. It felt too cliche to be real. I tugged on the rope, but it was too tight. Maybe I was too weak, but the point was I couldn't get out.

There were no signs of other people. For all I knew, I was alone. I couldn't tell where I was. The room was dim and empty. There was a musty smell. It was possibly a basement.

I was so disappointed. If I was gonna die, I'd rather it be from a stylish kidnapper. Not one that watched some trashy crime show and decided to give it a go.

I heard a door open. I shut my eyes and made my body limp. Fear pulsed through me. I hoped the kidnapper couldn't tell. I felt the rope loosen. A large hand wrapped around my wrists and guided them to my lap. They definitely felt masculine. He turned one over.

All I could think about were these hands belonged to my kidnapper. Where had I been kidnapped from? What was I doing?

He pressed two fingers to my wrist. "Her pulse is fast!" He shouted.

As he released my wrist I kicked forward. I clipped the person's shin. I opened my eyes standing up. The world began spinning. I cried out and leaned against the chair.

The guy held his shin, glaring at me angrily. My eyes widened. His did too. "Zach?" I exclaimed.

He turned away. "She's awake!"

I snapped out of my trance. I used my foot to push him onto his knees. My legs were stronger than my arms. Soccer girl problems. I got on top of him and put my arm around his neck. With my other hand I pulled, tightening my headlock. He clawed at my arm, gagging.

I took deep breaths. Think. Think. What next?

The door opened again. "Golden Boy! What are you—"

I looked towards the voice. The woman rose her eyebrow.

"She was unconscious for a week and she still beat you?" She rolled her eyes.

She came behind me. I couldn't let go of Zach. He could knock me on conscious. So could the woman. I closed my eyes, anticipating a blow from the female.

Instead a strangled giggle escaped. A smile played at my lips, but I didn't want it there. She was tickling me! My grip loosened. She maneuvered my arm so that my hand was in between my shoulder blades. She forced me onto my feet.

"Let me go," I begged. "Please. Let me go."

She forced me back into the chair. My hands were tied to the rope again. My arms were too exhausted to fight. She held my legs down with her knee. She made Zach grab more rope. He limped back and tied it around my ankles.

I hardened my expression and stared dead at Zach Ertz. Julie's boyfriend. "Julie will be devastated. Hope will be livid."

His hands gripped my shirt collar. "Neither will find out."

"If you think I'll let my best friend date a psycho kidnapper, you've lost your mind."

His jaw tightened. "If I remember correctly, you're the one who was playing Cupid."