Two

"Brady," Michael screamed at the top of his lungs, slamming the house door behind him.

He didn't know how his brother beat him to the house, they both came from school, and then straight to home. Maybe Brady was able to get a ride or something, Michael assumed.

He knew Brady didn't beat him to the house by the walking because, well, Brady was lazier than Michael when it came to such things.

Across the house, Michael's voice was enough to make Brady jump from the top bunk of their beds, and hit his head on the ceiling that caused him to whine as he rubbed his hand at the pain in hopes for it to go away. Maybe his Luke could kiss it better, he thought.

"Yes, Mikey?" Brady called out loud enough to echo throughout their room to the front door of the house, which was good enough for Michael to hear.

Michael didn't bother with responding. Instead, he dropped his backpack to the floor and then took off for their room. Past the living room, down the hall, and then a sharp turn into their room. As soon as he stepped into the room, he slid off his shoes, stepped on the bottom bunk, and then grabbed onto the top bars so he could look up to his three-minute-older brother.

"I have two things to say," Michael stated, furrowing his eyebrows at his brother.

To Brady, Michael looked mostly silly doing what he was. He didn't know why Michael seemed so angry when he wasn't the one who slammed his head so hard against the wall that his brain fell out due to his brother's yelling.

That was a lie; it happened to Michael much more than it did to Brady.

"Then you should probably say them, we know that it's better for you to say things than to keep them in your mind, I'll listen," Brady said soft, turning his body. He crossed his ankles and looked down, leaning on the bars that kept them from rolling off the bed at night.

"Thank you," he sighed softly, hopping off of the mattress, and onto the floor where Brady could easily see everything about him.

"You're welcome."

"Why are you on my bunk?" he asked, much calmer than he was barely a few seconds ago.

Brady shrugged his shoulders, and then placed his hands on his lap. "It smells like you," he stated, and Michael nodded.

If Brady answered that question honestly, he would've said he hid a few of Luke's shirts in the bed which would've been too obvious on his bed. At least he was kind to Michael, and he was sure in return he'd get to sleep on the top bunk.

"But we smell the same," Michael rolled his eyes, "the same."

"No we don't," Brady argued and sat back letting his body relax to the wall behind him. "You have more of a purple smell to you."

"A purple smell?" Michael questioned.

"Yes," Brady nodded, confirming the statement, "Purple is lovely, and I like the smell, can I sleep at the top tonight, Mikey?"

"Yeah, I guess if you want" Michael shrugged his shoulders, then confirmed it with a small nod, "Go ahead, just clean it and stuff when you're done."

"You don't do that though," he chuckled, "but thanks anyways," he added, giving his brother a cheeky smile that made Michael smile also.

"Can I ask another thing?" Michael asked, bouncing on the heels of his feet.

Brady nodded his head, "Talk as much as you need to."

"Do you want me to?" Michael asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Not at all," Brady proudly shook his head, "but you'll do it anyways."

"You're a good brother, do you know that?"

Brady nodded, "I am a great older brother, you're welcome for that."

Michael's sweet expression immediately changed hearing the unmentionable word, older. Older by a few minutes, it wasn't that big of a difference. They were just twins.

Instead of starting a fight from the floor while his brother was on the top bunk bed, he decided to ignore it, and only roll his eyes.

"May I please ask another question?" Michael asked, sitting down on the floor, and crossing his ankles.

Brady nodded.

"Okay great. Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No," Brady answered, almost immediately.

Even though Luke was the love of his life, the love of his life was also nineteen, and he could easily guess that no one in his family would approve of the older. He didn't even know how to mention it to his family.

"Yes you do," Michael answered for him, keeping much calmer than his twin.

"No, I don't," he shook his head, speaking more strict than before.

"But Calum said he saw me kissing some guy in a car, and the last guy I kissed was some dude in front of my homophobic teacher. So that couldn't have been me, you can tell me if you have a boyfriend. I'll listen to you talk about him."

If there were one thing people loved about Michael, it would be how honest he was, even if it was a little harsh or weird sometimes. Brady thought it was one of Michael's best qualities; it almost made him feel bad for lying seeing Michael had his reasons.

"But I don't have a boyfriend Mikey," Brady whined, jutting out his bottom lip in a pout.

"Are we babysitting tonight?" Michael asked, changing the subject.

"No," Brady shook his head, letting out a small sigh of relief seeing Michael was off the subject.

"What's your boyfriend's name?" He pestered.

This time Brady sighed because punching Michael in the face as hard as he could get him grounded, and would then have to listen to his annoying brother whine until it healed.

"Luke."

Michael nodded, "Is he cute?"

Brady shook his head with a smile on his face that seemed to grow wider at the thought. "He's too hot to be cute, but he's also incredibly adorable. He's the cutest thing on Earth; even you'd think that, and you have the worst taste in the world."

Michael rolled his eyes, "Sit with me, please."

Brady nodded as he picked up his phone, and then climbed from the top bunk to the floor while Michael stood up. Brady was only in his boxers while Michael was fully dressed, but neither of them minded it. Michael and Brady both sat on the bottom bunk of the bed, Michael's back laying against the headboard while Brady was against the wall looking over to the right at his brother.

"Can I meet him?" Michael asked, breaking the silence between each other's soft stares.

"No," Brady mumbled, looking down into his lap while letting his happy mood drain away.

"Why not?" The younger furrowed his eyebrows, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You won't like him, trust me."

"That's a lie, and I like anyone my brother likes."

Brady hated how that was true. Michael may have hated almost everyone on the planet, but he always watched out for who talked to his brother.

He didn't understand how his brother was so loving and also so full of hatred other times.

"He says I'm cute and says he loves me, I don't want anything to get between that," Brady pouted, jutting out his lip to support it.

Michael thought that was funny, seeing that Michael and Brady were identical twins. So to him, this Luke dude called both of them cute.

"Well tell him I said thank you," Michael giggled and then relaxed back more to the back of the bed. "But if you two are kissing in the car again I'm going to either like totally tell on you or make both of you come inside next time. I don't plan on listening to Calum tell me about me kissing boys."

"Alright, Michael," Brady giggled, giving his brother a nod. "I'll make sure to remember all of that."

"Good, you better."