Eighteen

After a long walk (to Michael at least) from the bus stop to Luke's apartment, Michael needed a break. The lazy teen was more than exhausted, and he was more than ready to crawl into Luke's bed to fall asleep for the night.

It was late, and Michael's bedtime had suddenly come as soon as possible. He swore to see Luke wasn't worth the little drive and the small walks. He couldn't have told Luke no to coming over, though. Actually, he could never tell Luke no. The man was too irresistible.

The teen headed up to Luke's apartment and walked straight inside. He knew Luke never locked the door anyways, there was barely any reason to be polite and knock on the door.

"Luke," Michael called out, closing the door behind him. The teen walked to the couch, plopping his body down as the older responded.

"Mike?"

"Nah," he replied, "a robber. I came to steal your couch, but now it looks like shit."

Luke laughed small and stepped out of the bedroom to give Michael a sarcastic look. "That is a very nice couch, excuse you. Be kind to it, that's my best friend." Once he finished speaking, he walked back into the room, disappearing from Michael's sight.

"Your best friend is ugly, man, I'm sorry about that," Michael laughed. Even though Luke was in another room, Michael could still hear Luke's eyes rolling at him, yes, he heard that.

"Not ugly, she is very pretty if you'd ask me."

Michael stood up from the couch and walked down the hall. He stopped once he reached Luke's bedroom, he peeked in to see the older packing. It was more like shoving random things into a duffel bag, but it was obvious to the teen that he was being prepared to go someplace.

"Eh," he shrugged, "she's okay."

Luke chuckled, "Thank you, that's better."

"Yeah," Michael hummed, "I know. But can I ask, what are you packing for? I hope you didn't call me over to help you."

Luke shook his head, struggling to zip the bag closed. Once he did, he put the strap over his shoulder, looking up at Michael. "No, I didn't think it would even take me that long to pack. I called you here because I'm going to take you out on a date. I thought tonight would be the perfect night to make it feel like our last."

Michael crossed his arms over his chest, leaning on the doorframe. "What a disappointment, it's late. Who goes on a date this late? Also, don't you have to be dating to go on one of those?"

"Not really," Luke shook his head. "If anything you should go on dates when you're dating, but you don't have to be dating to go on dates. That's rules, and I don't go by rules." Luke stepped up to Michael, attempting to show his dominance by their height difference.

Michael scoffed, immediately bringing Luke in defeat. "I'm so sorry that your life is this sad," Michael apologized with a soft sigh. "But let's go anyways." The younger turned around as his arms dropped to his sides, then walked down the hall and into the living room.

Luke stepped in front of Michael to lead the two. He opened the door for Michael to step outside first, and then yet again guided the two. He headed up the stairs, and as soon as Michael noticed, the younger stopped.

"Luke."

The older turned around, "Yeah?"

"That's up," Michael informed him.

Luke nodded his head, then turned around to continue. Michael followed after, now confused on if the two were going on a date or jumping off a building. Once they were on the roof, Luke settled down in a corner and set down the duffel bag all while Michael observed.

"Luke what are-"

"Shut up."

Michael nodded his head and continued to watch. Luke already had one candle set down and lit, then was currently pulling out a sleeping bag. Luke struggled with it, but to be fair the sleeping bag did seem to be bigger than him and already had pillows tucked into it. Michael went by his side and helped hold down the bag that rose the more Luke tugged it out, and then helped lay it down evenly on the ground.

"Now what?" Michael asked, stood straight, and then looked over at Luke.

Luke frowned, looking down at the floor. "I don't really know," he murmured, "I thought this would seem a lot nicer. Just lay down, get cozy." Luke looked over at Michael, showing him a cheeky smile.

"Alright," he hummed and crawled into the sleeping bag, tucking himself in the corner. "Join me."

Luke kneeled down and crawled in, zipping it closed. He stopped being restless at the point where he rested his head down and faced Michael. His chest was on Michael's side, seeing the younger was focusing on the beautiful, dark, sky.

Michael loved the beautiful sky. The stars lit up the night, and the air was refreshing. While Michael couldn't look away from the stars, Luke couldn't look away from Michael.