Fifteen

After school, the twins were in their room. Both rested on each of their beds. Brady was currently doing his homework, and Michael was texting away in an attempt to act like the school doesn't exist.

"Brady," Michael said aloud, catching brother's attention.

"Yeah?" Brady called, looking up. Only to see the bottom of Michael's mattress that was held up.

"I wanna talk. Do you mind that?" Michael asked.

Instead of Brady replying, he got up from his bed, climbed up the side of the bunkbed, and then joined Michael on his bed. He sat across from him, crossing his legs.

"What's up, Mikey?"

Michael sat up straight and pulled his back closer to the wall, sitting back again. "Are you okay with Luke and me?"

"Of course," he replied, giving his brother a smile to reassure him. "Luke's nice; he won't hurt you. I trust him with you; I think he kinda always had a crush on you anyways."

"Oh no," Michael mumbled, reaching forward to hug his brother. "I'm sorry to hear that. I'm so sorry; I promise I won't be with him anymore."

Brady giggled, gently pushing his brother off of him. "Just because it's Luke doesn't mean he can't be your Luke. Who knows," he shrugged, "I don't want to be the reason you two aren't together. Just act like him and I were never a thing."

Michael shook his head.

"You know I could never do that; he was your first boyfriend. You guys lasted so long before I found out about him. I was probably the reason your relationship ended anyway. I would be terrible for doing that. You're my brother. Bros before hoes, well, at least bros before Lukes."

Brady giggled, playfully rolling his eyes. "You're so silly," he shook his head, still laughing softly. "Go for Luke, you know I'd tell you if something is wrong, I won't hesitate. Bros before Lukes."

"You're a good friend to me, did you know that?" Michael asked, changing the subject between the two.

Brady scoffed. "Is something wrong? Are you okay? Who is this? Blink two times if you need help." He joked, which Michael's only response was to blink three times."I'm never okay," Michael sighed.

Brady nodded, "Yeah, me too. I am un-okay."

"B, I think we have magical twin powers. We're twin-tastic. We're those scary twins who are thinking the same thing and always complete each other-"

"Sandwiches!"

"I hate you," Michael grumbled.

Brady laughed again but was interrupted. The door quickly opened to see a panicked father, who immediately calmed down. He was still in his business attire, looking like some wild father who got caught in the middle of nowhere. He found both Michael and Brady's attention; he only showed a confused look on his face since he could barely tell the two apart.

"Mike," he called out.

"Yeah, dad?" Michael replied, showing an equally confused expression

"Alright, thank you."

Their father stepped into the room and laid down on the bottom bed. He spread out on the full-sized mattress, letting his feet hang off one end. "I thought you were Michael for a moment."

Michael looked at Brady, furrowing his eyebrows. He needed a moment to comprehend his father's words. "But... I am Michael."

"Brady," the eldest Clifford called out.

Brady looked over the edge of the bed to see his father below, showing the man he had Brady's attention. "Yes, sir?"

His father smiled in return, "My favorite son."

"Hey," Michael quickly joined Brady, his head hanging over the side to view their father.

"I wasn't talking to you, hello to you too."

Michael huffed, furrowing his eyebrows. "Am I not your favorite?"

Their father scoffed, "No, no one likes you. There's a reason why you don't have many friends."

Michael gaped, showing his shocked. Brady sat back to the bed with uncontrollable yet obnoxious giggles. His twin joined his side, but only to swat his arm. "It isn't funny, stop laughing."

"No," he giggled, "it's true."

"Dad, why did you come in here?" Michael raised his voice, changing the subject.

"I wanted to talk to my favorite son," their father answered, standing up from the bed. He looked up at the two, who were both looking terrified. "Ask about the Lucas kid."

"What about him?" Brady asked, a bit awkward with the conversation. Michael could tell and nudged his brother's leg to give him an odd reassurance.

"How is he? Still treating you right, am I correct?" The eldest replied.

Brady shrugged his shoulders, attempting to think of a response. Before Brady could say anything, Michael spoke up, after previously giving his twin an odd smile.

"I can't believe you," he scoffed. "His name is Luke, and he was my boyfriend. I understand getting confused to which of us you're talking to, but mixing up our social lives? That's a new low."

Their father panicked, eyes going wide.

"Don't tell your mother."