Seventeen

"You're such a good friend, Luke," Michael whispered, placing a kiss to the man's lips.

Luke couldn't help but return the kiss, then showed the same bright smile that Michael displayed on his lips.

"It's no problem really," Luke sighed, taking his attention from Michael to the steering wheel. "The least I could do."

Michael scoffed, turning in his seat to face Luke. "That's total bullshit, and we both know it. The least you could've done would be so much less."

Luke chuckled, shaking his head. "You're an odd one, Clifford."

"As I've been told," he spoke. Michael shrugged his shoulders, then unbuckled his seatbelt, placing a kiss on Luke's cheek. "But thanks for the ride, I appreciate it."

Before Luke could reply, Michael stepped out of the vehicle, closing the door behind him.

Michael waved to Luke as the older drove off, watching until the vehicle disappeared down the street. He sighed softly, feeling content. Michael turned towards the house, heading down the small pathway towards the door.

He soon walked inside, being greeted by a lazy Brady who was curled in a ball in the corner of the couch. Michael soon joined his side, plopping down on the couch.

"Hello," Brady hummed.

Michael leaned over, letting his head fall to Brady's shoulder. Brady's eyes were targeted on the television, and it seemed like his existence was a bother to his brother.

"Hey," he responded, keeping a small tone.

"Hey," Brady copied, nudging Michael to push him off his body.

Michael frowned, and watched his brother for a moment. He barely moved, all he did was watch television, blink, and breathe. Even Michael did more than that.

"Did I do something?" Michael asked, and Brady shrugged.

"Do you want the truth?" Brady replied, turning his head to face Michael.

Michael nodded, "I asked for a reason."

Brady took a moment before speaking. He then turned to Michael, having a blank expression.

"I don't like the idea of Luke and you being a... thing. I guess that's what it is. I don't know," he shook his head. "I know I don't own you or anything, or even him. It just makes me uncomfortable."

"Yeah," Michael sighed. "I was sure that would happen, and I understand completely. Luke and I aren't even a couple for that reason. Please, dude, don't stress yourself."

Brady showed Michael a confused look.

"You aren't together?"

Michael giggled. "We were together earlier, but not as a couple. As much as I want to rub it in your face that we are friends, I would be lying if I said I stole your boyfriend."

"Can I ask why?" Brady asked.

Michael playfully rolled his eyes at the question. "Because we aren't dating, isn't that obvious?"

Brady swats his brother, barely hurting him, but enough for Michael to whine. "I don't like you," Brady muttered. Michael raised an eyebrow, and Brady continued. "Currently as much as I normally do."

"Thank you," Michael happily sighed, showing him a smile. "But, he doesn't want to be together. I may be a meanie beanie sometimes, but I wouldn't lie about that."

Brady giggled, shaking his head slightly. "Meanie beanie," he repeated, "now I don't like you. It's really hard to be upset with you for I-don't-remember when you say my favorite thing ever on this planet."

Michael stretched back, putting his hands behind his head while having a bright smile on his dumb face. "I know, that's why I said it. I'm just such a meanie beanie."

Brady poked Michael, causing him to bring his arms down to shield himself with a tiny giggle.

"You suck."

Michael nodded, "I know."