Twelve

Brady's eyes fluttered open to the ceiling, the ceiling of Luke's apartment that he's woken up to so many times. He could feel Luke's warmth around him which he loved oh so much, feeling the comforting feeling. He told himself it didn't feel right.

All around him were soft sounds; the light yet heavier breathing patterns, the fan spinning over his head, a few birds (annoyingly) chirping outside. All things he used to hate but grew to love after becoming Luke's boyfriend.

Every morning he woke up in Luke's arms, he wanted to keep the man asleep but also wake him up to talk with. It was always so hard to choose which one to do when both had adorable outcomes.

Brady shifted from his back onto his side to face his boyfriend, looking up to the beautiful face he believes he's fallen for. Luke is such a beautiful man, and he was sure everyone who saw him knew that.

Brady loved how happy Luke was, it made him a happier person. Brady moved his head to be placed on Luke's shoulder, and let out a soft, happy, sigh. If he could, Brady would stay like this all day. He would much rather Luke's snores never exist or be heard ever, but this was close enough.

It was a mean thought, but it was the truth.

Sometimes, to Brady, it seemed like Luke's snores were so loud they caused an earthquake, but Brady could handle it. It was still nothing compared to some days with Michael. Michael's snores were like a garbage truck getting thousands of trash bags thrown into it at once right outside their window.

"Luke, please, stop snoring so hecking loudly," Brady whispered quietly, and like some type of miracle Luke's snores quieted a bit.

Brady let out a soft, sweet, sigh at the peacefulness, which was quickly interrupted by Luke's obnoxious snores that made him giggle quietly. Luke's snores were annoying, and only a little cute every time, he didn't know how.

Brady pulled himself away from Luke slowly as he kept his eyes on the man. "Lukey," the teen whispered as he lightly shook Luke, attempting to wake him up.

Luke's mouth opened to let out a yawn showing a sign of him being awake, which soon closed again. He turned his body to face Brady's own, keeping his eyes shut tight as he tried his hardest not to open them.

"Good morning to you too, silly boy," Brady giggled quietly as Luke shuffled around trying to make himself comfortable. Luke ended up opening his eyes, but only saw a blurry Michael in front of him.

Brady that was his boyfriend in front of him. He couldn't to it anymore, he didn't deserve Brady.

He shouldn't make Brady suffer.

"I want to break up," Luke said, emotionless, but honestly it took him everything he had to bring it up.

Just like ripping off a band-aid, quick and also extremely painful.

Brady felt like his heart fell out of his chest, but for some reason, he didn't want to cry yet. "May I ask why?"

"Someone can make you so much happier than I can, and I want you always happy. I really didn't want to break up, but it needed to be done. I'm so sorry, Brady," Luke's raspy morning voice was not making him feel his best when talking to the boy.

Brady finally pulled himself away from Luke, and then slid off the bed. Luckily yesterday was the only day he actually wore one of his own shirts, he would've felt too bad if he took one of Luke's.

"Thanks, I guess," Brady mumbled as he looked down at his own clothes on the floor, then he slid on his jeans, and then pulled his shirt over his head. "I'm glad you told me."

"What are you doing?" Luke asked, raising an eyebrow at the boy.

"Going home, don't worry about it," he muttered, shrugging his shoulders.

Luke rolled his eyebrows at the younger, "You don't have a car, let me drop you off at home. We both know you can't walk there."

"I'll get a taxi."

"Do you want me to pay for it?"

Brady shook his head before he unplugged his phone from the charger on Luke's nightstand, unlocked his phone, and then started to call someone while Luke questioned the scenario. Luke couldn't do anything but watch him.

"Hey, can you come pick me up? I'll text you the address," Brady said, and paused for a moment, "thanks," he said softly before hanging up the call.

"No thanks, Calum is picking me up. Thanks for letting me have one last night with you, I have to go now." Brady rushed out before he headed out of the room, leaving Luke ashamed of himself.

"No problem, I guess," Luke said, then let out a soft sigh.

It all happened so fast, too much way too fast.