vi. trouble in paradise

Natalie stood with the other tributes, watching as they took it in turns to climb a net, which she knew she should be okay at but currently hoping that Peeta would be too as he was next.

For some reason, they made all the the males to first. She didn't know why, she didn't care that much at all, she was just bored and wanted to get it over and done with.

Just as the district four person was going up, the blue eyed career walked over to Natalie with his typical smirk on his face. "Hey gorgeous"

As much as Natalie wanted to punch the smirk off his face; she couldn't help but like how the word 'gorgeous' came from his lips. Yes, she knew that she couldn't think like that but at the same time, she was a teenager with homorones and at that moment, her sexual emotions was on high.

No matter how hard she tried, Natalie remained quiet and avoided giving into the temptation that was his lips. Watching her brother fall from the net, she couldn't help the sigh that escaped her lips.

She desperately wanted to go and cheer him on but every fibre in her body told her that it was a mistake. Trusting her instinct, she stood frozen in her spot, the emotionless look taking over her face.

"Ignoring me now love? Last night, it was quite the opposite" He spoke loudly, making sure everyone could hear him with a wide smirk on his face. In return, Natalie glared at the career and flipped him off before walking over to her brother.

As soon as she got there, she let out a noise of frustration. "I can't wait for this to be over so I don't have to see his obnoxious face anymore". Always being the more sensible and mature one, Peeta wrapped an arm around his sister and pulled her close.

Almost automatically, Natalie began to calm down. Being in her brother's arms reminded her so much of home. Something that was so horrid to her, couldn't help Natalie from feeling homesick.

But before they could get too comfortable, it was Natalie's turn to climb the rope. At the moment, she couldn't be bothered. She was so tempted to flip them as well but she decided against it and pulled away from Peeta.

Cato being the annoying piece of shit he is, started whistling as soon as she started climbing. He loved annoying her; always playing with his prey to make the kill much taster. That was how he was brought up; coming from District Two, it was all fun and games. They was raised to feel no emotion, to kill for the fun of it, not because it meant something to them.

When Natalie volunteered, he didn't see the seventeen year old girl fighting for her life. One that didn't care she was going to die, as long as it meant protecting the ones she loved. No, he saw competition and that was what his crave for bloodlust so dangerous.

Natalie knew that moment she got down, she was going to slap Cato across the face, no matter the consequences. And thats what's she did. The sound spreaded across the room, the mark leaving a slight hint of red on his face. "What is your problem? Did I personally offend you or something?" Natalie shouted, not being able to hold in.

Out from the corner of her eye, she could spot two peacekeepers making their way towards the two but she knew she couldn't stop now. If she was going down, then she was going down fighting. "I don't know who you think you are but if you do that again then I'll kill you!" Natalie threatened, just as she peacekeepers moved her away from the fight before one of the them got killed.

Natalie shrugged the peacekeepers off her, grabbing a knife and threw it at the target. She didn't care where it landed, she needed to control her anger and to calm down; no matter if everyone saw.

Even though Haymitch told them not show their skills off, she didn't care, she needed a release. And boy, didn't it feel good. She gripped the knife in her hand, the blade cutting into her hand but all she could concentrate on was Cato's face on the target fatherest away from her.

Without thinking, she flung the knife into the head of the target. A devilious smirk appeared on her face, the perfect image of him, now destroyed. But it didn't last longer because his face was still in her head; how his lips looked so kissable and how she would love to run her hands through his hair but at the same time, how much she wanted to punch him.

Holding onto another knife, the blood dripping onto the floor, all innocence that Natalie had felt was vanished and transformed into anger. Never did Natalie want to change because of the games but they want drama? Drama is what they would get.

----

Sorry I really didn't know how to end it and sorry for the long update. I'm going through phases of what I'm writing and writers block and it sucks. But tell me what you think of this chapter and the new cover :)