viii. tribute dinner

"Why do they make us go through this?" Natalie muttered in digust, staring at the hideous dress in front of her. "It's not like we don't see each other every day but no, let's spend even more time together. Drinking tea and being happy little children when mentally, we are plotting everyone's death"

Peeta nodded along at the older twins rant, which had went on for at least forty-five minutes. By this time, all Natalie had done was apply makeup and curled her hair. All of this while ranting made Peeta begin to question on how girls can multitask so well.

"And don't even get me started on that dress. Why would any normal human being wear such a vile dress?" Natalie remarked. Peeta looked at the dress then at his sister. "It's not that bad" He said slowly. She whirled around on him with her eyes wide.

"Not that bad? I wish I can cut it up and smother it in flames" She exclaimed. But just before she could say anything, her stylist wandered through the door, holding a dress which suited Natalie more.

Natalie sighed in relief and took the dress from Cinna's hands before planting a kiss on his cheek. "You're a lifesaver, all Peeta did was stand there" She spoke before rushing off to get ready.

Peeta stood there dumbfounded, which made him question once again if she was on her period.

A couple of moments later, they walked into the training room. But instead of the usual weapons casted around the place, the room was covered in decorations. However the thing that stood out the most was the table full of tributes in dresses and suits.

"Fahr zur Hölle" Natalie cried under her breath in German. One look from Peeta was enough to send her over the edge. Natalie pointed at the only seats available, which seemed to be next to the careers.

But as all siblings do, they rushed to the table hoping to not sit next to their worst enemy. In their case, it was Cato.

Nevertheless, Peeta threw Natalie a smug look as he planted himself in the seat next to Glimmer. Natalie sat next to Cato, not hiding the look of hate on her face.

Maybe Natalie had a death wish but at the moment she didn't care. She just wanted to be far away from him and this place as possible.

"Hello princess" Cato purred into her ear. Natalie mentally cringed and tried to talk to the boy from district three. However, Cato was having none of it. Instead Cato wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close to his body.

"I had a lovely time getting to know you last night" he continued to whisper in her ear. Deciding to play his game, Natalie ran her finger down his arm as she watched a smirk appear on his face.

"So did I. I never knew you had a thing for the colour pink" She spoke too loudly, gaining looks from surrounding tributes. Cato was about to say something but she placed a finger on his lips.

"Or that you always look at yourself with the sword" Natalie continued. Cato slowly withdrawn his arm from around her waist, his face glowing red with anger. "But that's all history. Let's talk about how you still wet the bed" She exclaimed.

Numerous amount of laughs echoed throughout the room, including his so called friends. Natalie glanced around the room and faked a laugh. "Whoops, did I say that to loud?"

A second later and her attention turned back to Cato. "Oh I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to embarrass you" But Natalie didn't stop there. Peeta was ready to stop Natalie but he wasn't quick enough as she stood up, pouring her drink on him.

Automatically, Cato stood up, getting close to her face. He wanted to say something harsh but then he remembered his plan and he left without a word.

Sitting back down, Natalie ate a strawberry not caring if everyone was looking at her. She rolled her eyes almost straight away. "Get back to your food unless you want to become fruit salad"

Nobody else bothered speak to the Mellark twins but they didn't care. They was both pretty content with each others company. For the most part, Natalie managed to have some fun but the little part of her still had her guard up.

But as the dinner ended and Natalie laid in her bed, all she could think about was what little time she had left and how she was going to make sure Peeta would win.

------

comment who if you want me to continue and if I should kill Peeta off or not.