xx. the finale

Natalie immediately kissed Cato back before she realized exactly what was happening. The pair had neglected their feelings for fear they would lose each other. They were drawn to each other like a moth to a flame, they couldn't get away, no matter how hard they tried.

She pulled away a second later, wanting to slap the male for kissing her. She didn't wanted to make the games anymore complicated then they already were. She already had to protect Peeta and even though Cato was strong enough to handle himself, she couldn't bare the thought of something happening to him.

The cave was silent for a moment, the two not knowing what to say to the other. But luckily, the silence didn't last long. A screeching noise filled their ears before modifying into a voice.

"Attention, tributes, attention." The voice boomed through the arena. Natalie looked at Cato before getting up from her position and walked out of the cave. "Do you know what this is about?" She mumbled to Peeta. The latter shook his head and took his sister's hand. If they were to announce they were about to die then at least he died holding his sister's hand. They came into the world together, they would go out the same way.

"The regulations requiring a single victor have been... suspended. From now on, two victors may be crowned, so long as one is female, and the other male. May the odds be forever in your favor."

     Natalie sighed in relief, automatically drawing her brother into a hug. They could go home together, they didn't have to live without each other. On the other hand, Cato glanced at the female tribute he had fallen for with a hopeful look. Only for it to be shattered. How could he be so stupid? He knew he didn't stand a chance and that only made it harder. But he would happily lay down his life if it meant that Natalie could live.

"Attention, tributes, attention. Commencing at sunrise, there will be at feast tomorrow at the Cornucopia, this will be no ordinary occasion. Each of you will need something desperately. And we plan to be... generous hosts."

Natalie looked at the two males, there was no way that they was going. They needed nothing, it was a distraction to lure them out for a second bloodbath. Nobody was dying and it was getting too boring for the Capitol, especially President Snow.

But the more Natalie thought, the more she wanted to go. There was no reason to go, but Clove might need a reason and that was good enough for Natalie. She could finally get rid of the person who was stopping her from going home. She was Natalie's greatest weakness. She was going to be the person to stop Peeta from winning, she could easily turn Cato to her side. She was capable of anything. Clove didn't have to fight to protect the ones she loved. She was guarantee that win if Natalie died; with or without Cato's help. 

She ready to pounce at any time. If Natalie was going to kill her then the feast had given her an opportunity. The only problem was keeping the two protective males away from her.

The feast began in only a few moments time, and Natalie couldn't be more then ready. She had immediately asked to take last watch, claiming that she needed her beauty sleep. The boys rolled their eyes but agreed nonetheless which left her with plenty of time to kill Clove and make it back before they realized she left.

The table was arranged in the middle of the cornucopia, a bag for each remaining district laying neatly in a row. Despite waiting for an hour, no tributes had shown up. Until now.

As quick as a flash, Foxface ran across the clearly, easily picking up her bag and left without any disturbance. Her red hair was nothing but a blur. The District five tribute had survived yet another bloodbath. But she wasn't the problem.