Chapter 8 : Jeff's secret

Chapter 8

The next day...

Jeff POV

Second day bruises always hurt more than first day bruises. And I don't know why.

But it sucks.

My whole back ached really bad. I got up when Nick woke me up though. I tried not to make it seem like my back was killing me.

And I made sure to change in the bathroom, and not in front of Nick. I just told him I'd wait until Alex was finished because I had to pee, which I actually did. And I just changed in there so nobody would see.

Nick helped me tie my tie. And then we went down to the cafeteria.

Later...

Alex POV

Nick had to stay after class to talk to the teacher about something. So Jeff and I left so we could go to our lockers. Mine was at one end of the hall, and Jeff's was at the other.

I was almost finished putting my books away when I heard a crash down the hall. I saw Jeff on the floor, and there was another boy standing over him. I slammed my locker shut, and went marching down the hall.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked, shoving the other boy.

The boy stumbled over a few feet.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"My name is Alex. Who are you, and what did you do to him!?" I asked, shoving him again.

"My name is Sebastian."

"Well Sebastian, you can just take that ugly meerkat face of yours, and mind your own business."

I shoved him again, and then bent down to help get Jeff's books, which were scattered all over the floor. I only just realized Jeff was crying a little bit.

"Hey. You ok?" I asked.

"M-my back hurts s-so b-badly!"

"Alright. Well you can go rest in bed, ok?"

I picked up all his books for him, and then helped him up. I could tell he was in a ton of pain. He leaned on his shoulder against the lockers. I took his backpack for him. We waited for Nick to come out.

"Hey. What's wrong?" Nick asked, walking over to us.

"Some guy named Sebastian just knocked him to the floor. So I pushed him and told him to get out of here," I said, handing Nick Jeff's backpack because I wasn't about to carry it all the way to our room.

We started walking back to our room slowly, making sure Jeff was ok. He was moving stiffly, obviously hurt.

We got to our room.

"Jeff, can I take a look at your back?" Nick asked.

"N-no!"

"Why not?"

"B-because!"

"Because why?"

"P-please d-don't! S-stay away f-from me!"

Jeff curled up on his bed.

"Jeff, I just want to make sure you're alright."

"I-I'm fine!"

"Can I please see?"

"N-no!"

Nick walked closer to him, and Jeff moved so he was against the wall.

"N-Nick, n-no!"

Nick wrapped his arms around Jeff, and picked him up. Jeff stayed all curled up in a ball, making it hard for Nick to hold onto him. He carried Jeff into the bathroom. Jeff was crying now.

I followed them into the bathroom. Nick put Jeff down on the floor, where he stayed curled up. Nick pushed him over so his back was on the floor. First, he took off Jeff's tie. Then he took off his jacket. He had on a white button up shirt, but before Nick could take it off him, he rolled over so his back was face up.

"Jeff, come on," Nick said, trying to flip him over again.

"N-Nick p-please d-don't!" Jeff cried.

Jeff was practically hyperventilating now.

"Jeff, I just want to see."

Nick was stronger, and he flipped Jeff over on his back again. He got the buttons undone, but Jeff wouldn't let him take the shirt off.

"Ow! P-please s-stop!"

"Jeff, please just cooperate with me. I'm worried about you."

Nick rolled Jeff over on his stomach, and pulled the shirt off of him. Both of us gasped, and Jeff cried harder.

I'm not sure what I saw first, the bruises on Jeff's back or the cuts all over his wrists.

So that's why he's been so quiet...