Chapter 12 : Researching Jeff

Chapter 12

Middle of the night...

Jeff POV

"Please don't! I'm sorry! I'll do better!" I screamed.

"You deserve to get punished. You're so worthless, and your grades aren't helping your cause," dad said.

I saw him take out the baseball bat from the closet. I bolted up to my bedroom, and tried to crawl under my bed. But my dad grabbed my leg, and pulled me out. I curled up on the floor, screaming as I felt the bat hitting my skin. The hits kept getting harder and harder until I couldn't take it anymore. And I let out a loud scream.

I sat bolt upright, scared. I have no idea where I am.

"Jeff?"

"AH!"

"Hey. Calm down."

The light went on, and I realized it was all a dream. I guess Alex and I fell asleep during the movie...

"What happened?" Alex asked.

I started calming down.

"Bad dream," I said, quietly.

"What was it about?"

"Nothing... I'm fine."

"Jeff."

"It was nothing. I promise."

I quickly laid back down again and closed my eyes.

"Jeff?"

"What?"

"Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yes... But can I please stay here for the night?"

"Sure, whatever..."

Alex shut the light off again, and laid down next to me. I tried to push all the bad thoughts out of my head, and I managed to fall back asleep.

Morning...

Jeff POV

I was so scared today that my dad was going to come here and bring me home to beat me.

"What are you so nervous about?" Alex asked as we ate our breakfast down in the cafeteria.

"I just really don't want my dad finding out about my grades, but I know the half way reports were sent home."

"Well I'm sure you'll be fine."

"What if he comes to pick me up!?"

"Jeff, let's just wait and see what happens, ok?"

"Ok..."

I kept scanning the cafeteria.

"Jeff."

"What?"

I turned back to Alex.

"What are you looking for?"

"Nothing! I'm just nervous!"