Chapter 25 : An after dinner kiss

Chapter 25

A few days later...  

Alex POV

Long story short, Jeff and Nick aren't exactly best friends anymore. Nick is still upset about his mom, and he's getting angry a lot. Jeff hates the yelling and gets scared from it. But the real reason they aren't friends is from what happened yesterday.

Flashback

"Please stop yelling at me! I'm sorry!" Jeff said.

"Explain why you have a problem with me sitting here!" Nick yelled back.

"B-because you're on m-my bed!"

"This is Alex's bed. Your bed is there," he said, pointing.

"Well I just don't like you here!"

"Why!?"

"B-because you're t-trying to s-steal Alex f-from me."

"Jeff, what are you talking about!?"

"A-Alex is m-my girlfriend."

"Yeah, I'm aware!"

"P-please stay away f-from her!"

"Jeff, this room is partly mine, and if Alex doesn't have a problem with me sitting on her bed so I can do my homework, then I'm going to sit here."

"But that's not fair!"

"Life isn't fair, Jeff!"

"Get off!"

Jeff tried to push Nick off the bed, but Nick is way stronger than Jeff, and it didn't work.

"Cut it out!" Nick shouted.

Nick pushed Jeff back, and he hit his head on the wall and started crying.

Jeff curled up, and cried. I just sat there awkwardly, not really wanting to get in a fight with these two.

End of flashback

We were currently in the cafeteria eating lunch. Nick and Jeff were both avoiding eye contact with each other. And we were eating in silence. It was extremely awkward for me.

All of a sudden, Nick knocked over his water, and it went all over Jeff's lap. Jeff jumped up, obviously surprised.

"I have to go change," Jeff said to me.

Jeff left to go upstairs. 

"Why did you have to do that?" I asked.

"I didn't do it on purpose!"

"Oh really? Because I know you're mad at him!"

"Well he's mad at me too! What difference does it make!?"

"Nick. We need to talk."

He sighed, and met my eyes.

"I know you're upset about your mom. But you're turning your sadness into anger, and you're taking it out on Jeff. He's becoming scared of you. You have to be careful with him."

"Me? You're the one dating him when you don't have feelings for him!"

"Because you told me to! And I feel differently now."

"How?"

"I'm falling for him, I guess."

"Really?"