Chapter 27 : "This ends tonight"

A/N : There's only one more chapter after this, but there will definitely be a sequel. Also, this is a really long and dramatic chapter. Don't hate me! ;)

Chapter 27

Sunday night...

Nick POV

Alex was in her uncle's office right now, trying to negotiate with him about buying her a laptop. And I was all alone in our dorm room, waiting to see if Jeff would be coming back tonight. I really wanted Alex to come back soon so I wouldn't have to be alone with Jeff. I just felt awkward around him now since we were sort of in the middle of a fight. And I didn't really know what to do...

And it was just my luck that he did happen to come back before Alex did.

I heard the door open, and I looked up to see Jeff standing there, slightly bent over. He walked into the room weirdly, and gently laid down on the bed, looking stiff as a board.

I was in my bunk, so he was below me. I was staring down at him, contemplating what to do when the door opened, and I saw Alex. Thank god!

"Jeff! You're back!"

She ran over, and sat down next to him. She started lightly rubbing his back.

"What happened? What did your dad do?"

I heard him burst into tears. I tried to concentrate on my homework instead.

"Jeff, come on. You always tell me. What'd he do? What hurts?"

Alex POV

I was staring down at Jeff. But he was turned face down into the pillow.

"Jeff, please tell me what happened."

He started trembling. I hugged him from behind as lightly as I could. I could feel how tense and stressed he was. 

"Do you just want to go to sleep?"

He nodded.

"Ok. How about you go change into some pjs first?"

He shook his head no.

"No?"

He shook his head no again.

"Alright."

I pulled the covers over him.

"You ready to go to bed too, Nick?" I asked.

"Sure, whatever..."

Nick and I took turns changing in the bathroom. I slid into bed next to Jeff after shutting off the light. He was still sobbing into his pillow. I couldn't imagine why he couldn't tell me this time. He always tells me. But... He'll probably just tell me tomorrow or something.

My phone buzzed. It was my stupid uncle who won't buy me a stupid laptop.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"I need you to come down to my office."

"Why?"

"There's been a complaint about you."

I sighed.

"Fine. I'll be there in a few."

I hung up, and didn't bother changing into other clothes. I walked down in my slippers and pjs, not even caring.

"What?" I asked, throwing the door open.

I saw Sebastian fricking Smythe sitting across from my uncle. He smirked at me.