Chapter 22 : Nick's emergency

Chapter 22

A few days later...

Alex POV

Report cards go out today, and Jeff's a mess. He's passing all his classes, but not all his grades are 80 and above, like his dad had wanted. In geometry, he has a 75. And in history, he has a 78. All his other grades were in the 80s.

"He's going to kill me!" Jeff said as we walked towards our dorm room.

"Jeff, he won't even know for a few days. And you did your best," Nick said.

Jeff was so upset, and I didn't want him to get any more worked up and have a panic attack. I need to calm him down.

Jeff sat down on my bed, and started running his fingers through his hair anxiously.

"Hey. It's going to be alright. At least you didn't fail," I said, pulling him into my arms.

He was breathing rapidly, so I started rubbing his back to calm him down a little.

"Jeff, he probably won't know until like Tuesday or Wednesday," I said, as Jeff tightened his grip on me.

"I have an idea for how you can take his mind off everything," Nick said.

"What?" I asked.

"Take him out on a date. You guys are a couple, right?"

"Jeff, do you want to go on a date?" I asked.

"C-can the date be here?"

"Sure."

Later...

Alex POV

Nick had set up a cute little dinner for me and Jeff. And he'd left the room so we could be alone.

"Jeff."

"Yeah?"

"How are you feeling?"

"Nervous."

"Don't be. We're going to have fun, ok?"

"What does that mean?"

"It means we're just going to chill. Maybe watch a movie after this. And cuddle. We can do whatever you want to."

We were halfway through dinner, and Jeff was still eating at a good pace. He was doing a little better each day with eating a good amount.

"I want to cuddle and watch a movie..."

"Ok, we can do that. Nick said we could use his laptop to go on Netflix."

"Do you love me?"

I looked up at Jeff. He was looking right back at me.

"What kind of a question is that?" I asked.

"Do you love me? I just want to know if you really have feelings for me. Because I have feelings for you."

Well... Not exactly. But I'm not breaking his heart today!

"Jeff. I'm the one that asked if you wanted to go out with me, right?"

"Yeah..."

That seemed to be all the convincing he needed.

We finished up dinner, and then we got under the covers of my bed. I put on a movie on Nick's laptop, and Jeff cuddled into my side. The movie had just started when the bedroom door flew open, and Nick came running in, looking like something was seriously wrong. I paused the movie.