The Move

Mei Lan poked her head out of the very extravagant carriage's curtained window. This carriage was carved out of a gold veined blue stone name lapiz lazuri with butterflies carved onto the stone. Not only that but the frames and furnishings were made of gold and the cushions indside were made of the softest wight fur only found in the land of harsh winters and immortal trees. Even the horses pulling the carriage were war horses, pure white war horses. Also according to the romours outside while she was traveling, is that, this carriage and many more extravagant carriages were personally bestowed by the crown prince to Du Hai. Apperently Du Hai was only 17 and became a third ranked official. 

However Mei Lan was not suprised, her brother managed to become the prime minister at the incredibly young age of 21, which was the year that the emperor died and the crown prince became emperor. 

Now her brother would have a very big mansion close to the imperial palace, 100 slaves and 5000 gold coins per month. She expected that her room would also increase in luxury. It would be nice to have a scented jade swimming pool in her room, so she could swim whenever she wanted to. She had one as a empress......

"Ahhhhhhhh" She siged as she sat back into the luxurious white fur seat. It had been exactly 3 years since she was kicked out by her own family. Now she was going back, to all the festive parties and gatherings, the competing, and gossiping. But she did not want to , it was too tiring for her now. She felt like an old soul, too tired to youthfully flirt and gossip, to chase handsome men and laugh crazily, to plot evil plans and enforce them.  

After a few hours the carriage stopped at a magnificant mansion only 500meters from the imperial palace, practically next to it. 

The carriage doors opened and a hand was offered to her. The hand was clean and beautiful, yet firm and calloused. It was Du Hai's hand. Her heart swelled with an unexplainable warmth, she was even confused for a second. She was supposed to be a unfeeling, cold and hatefull person. Why was her heart so warm?

But she didn't question it too long because Du Hai's hand was waiting for her. 

"Du Hai! I've missed you brother!" She cried, her eyes souring as she jumped out of the carriage and hugged her brother. Althoug she was a self supporting strong woman, she hadn't had human contact in 1 year. She was bound to be lonely.

As if, Du Hai seemed to understand this, he hugged her tightly and they stood there for who knows how long. Well, until her tears that lined the bottom of her eyes dissapeared due to blinking thousands of time. 

"I have missed you as well my angel of a sister." Said Du Hai as he quickly pulled her in front of him to take a good look at her. Somehow she had becom more beautiful, maybe it was because of her mysterious demonic power, or maybe it was because her heart had softened, thus making the outward appearance more beautiful... She was glamourous, and beautiful at the same time.

If her previous beauty was considered the top beauty then right now she seemed like a goddess. 

However Mei Lan had no knowledge of this since she didn't have any mirrors, so naturally she did not understand when her brother wrinkled his brows.

"Brother.... do I stink?" She asked

Du Hai was to suprised to answer. His lovely sister, stink? He had wrinkled his brows at the thought of hundred of suitors throwing themselves at her, thousands of men who would do anything to receive her attention, yet she asked him if she stinked?

Because of Mei Lan's poverty she could only change into a clean set of white linen robes and because of this she looked like a pure, innocent, beautiful, shining , and more words to describe something that could not be described.