Chapter 1

The moonlight illuminated the small bedroom. Cracks ran rampant from the ceiling towards the dusty floor. The room was barely furnished with a drawer, a desk and a bed. On the bed lay a scruffy boy who looked around 14, but would soon be turning 16. He was a scrawny, diminutive and pale person who wore clothing too large for him, barely passable as clothes for a poor family. His skin was translucent and held many scars and abrasions, some concealed beneath his clothes. His hair was a wild mess of raven locks, shielding a lightning bolt scar on his forehead. It was, however, his eyes that one was drawn to. The boy was not sleeping as most were- His eyes were wide open. They were an intense, rare shade of green. One that would be described as Avada Kedavra green by some. Those eyes, while open, were lost. Those who knew him would say that those eyes were normally happy, albeit mature, due to the horror of his past. Now, however, they were filled with cold and hurt. They were distant and far away.

The boy was lost in despondent thoughts. One could not blame him, for the boy was Harry Potter, a boy whom misery seemed to follow around like a lovesick puppy. Like Fate's personal chew toy. 'Why me? Does it have to be me who gets hurt, who loses people, who has to defeat Moldy shorts? And Sirius! He had faced death eaters before, couldn't he be more careful? Why couldn't I be more thorough? It's all my fault.'

Unknown to him, a few tears leaked through his eyes. His trusty owl, Hedwig, gently nipped his fingers. Harry smiled sadly. "Thanks, girl ..." Harry adored Hedwig. She was his first friend, his only companion with the Dursleys and the only one who knew the whole truth. She would calmly listen to his outbursts. She knew his pain, his hurt, his abuse. She could understand him. Literally. Sighing, Harry silently got up and sat at his desk. He would not sleep now. Might as well do something productive. The threat of the Order had worked and he had been allowed his trunk upstairs. Due to this, he was able to complete his homework by the first week and look through all his old textbooks, having nothing better to do. Hermione would be proud. It was also a way to keep his mind off things like the incident at the ministry. Unfortunately, the Dursleys did not give him any chores, leaving him more time to ponder his fate.

He had begun to notice a few things. He realised how easily he seemed to grasp all the subjects. Even potions seemed easier. It seemed like muggle chemistry, he just needed extra books. Contrary to what everyone knew, Harry had kept up with his muggle studies which, strangely enough, he didn't have a problem with. Once he got to Hogwarts, things changed. Harry wanted to take Arithmancy and Ancient Runes and had studied ahead but for some reason changed his mind. Yet he was up to date in those subjects till 5th year curriculum. He also had this odd, foreboding feeling of Professor Dumbledore; how he knew all those details which only Ron and Hermione knew. To make it short, he didn't trust the order of the fried chicken (no offence to Fawkes).

The prophecy had opened his eyes. All these years had been pure luck. He started to apply himself and started to study and get down the basics. He exercised and tried to improve his reaction speed and dodging which was already pretty good thanks to Dudley. He continuously meditated to help occlumency. Not trusting Snape and using intellect, Harry decided to just go through his memories and create shields. Instead of clearing his mind, taking inspiration from muggle movies, Harry used a combination of magic and technology to create force fields and traps in his mind. Let it never be said that Harry wasn't the heir of the marauders, for all the pranks he had laid in his mind would make the Weasley twins shudder. He had also used muggle arms, traps and tactics. This all was surrounded by a force field. This was surrounded by fog in the darkness with never ending properties. He had also fiddled with time. Now every minute the intruder was in his mind was a second outside.

He mapped the guard schedule by the clues the watchers gave. Tonks had the tendency to trip and swear loudly, yet could be deadly still the next moment. Dung smelled and apparated very loudly. Moody, no matter how vigilant he remained, could not hide the sounds his walking stick made in order to keep up with his running. Due to this, Harry was able to owl order a few books to help him, one of those being law books. He decided not to risk travel yet as it could be easily watched, even by muggle means. He didn't share this with his friends. Could he trust them? Harry wasn't sure. He hadn't even gotten a single letter. Harry had sent his customary 3 day letter, along with a few personal ones but no one ever responded, so Harry stopped trying. And other people like Remus... Why didn't he contact him? Wasn't Harry supposedly the son of his best friend? He was also an unwillingly celebrity. Harry found it hard to believe that he never got fan mail. Or mail from friends like Neville.

Now Harry tried to make a list of Dumbledore's failings:

1) Keeping things to himself

2) Not hiring proper teachers - Moody's best friend, should be able to tell when imposter takes over, great wizard should've known about Lockhart

3) Voldemort took blood can bypass blood protection

4) Does nothing about Moldy shorts only reacts not acts - defeated Grindelwald for Merlin's sake!

5) Chief Warlock can override Minister and demand trial yet nothing for Sirius - one of his 'supposed own' received no trial, a pureblood heir at that, laws severely punish that.

6) If he knew of the prophecy, why did he not train me for survival.

7) If a 12 year old and figure out a mystery then why can't the greatest wizard after Merlin? Granted, she was a genius but isn't he supposed to be one as well. He could also had his phoenix flash him to the chamber.

8) How does it take hours to return from the ministry after a fake letter- why would he go by broom. He had other options- apparition and floo.

9) Did he want me to participate in the tournament on purpose?

10) How was he ignorant of his student's torture via blood quill and illegal interrogation by veritaserum?

Harry stopped there not wanting to do more. He didn't want to deal with the strain of the idea that Great Bloody Albus Dumbledore may not be such a saint. He wanted the truth but would require dealing with the immediate backlash as well. Harry tiredly rubbed his eyes.

Just then a regal looking owl flew in. Harry grabbed the letter just before the owl flew off. "No reply, huh?" Harry mused. The letter had the emblem of Gringotts. More than a little curious, Harry opened it.

Harry Potter,

We write this letter to right a wrong done to you by certain wizards and the goblin nation. Before proceeding to read further, please grab all your belongings. After completing reading this, you will be transported to Gringotts.

Harry pondered whether he should do this. It may be a portkey, he thought. After the events of his fourth year, one could never be too careful. He really didn't have much to do and his curiosity was piqued. And if it was indeed a trap? At least he would be away from the Dursleys. In addition even he had heard about goblin honour and bloodshed. No one would dare impersonate them. He packed his belongings at a quick pace, his wand in hand for good measure. Sitting on his trunk, Harry began to read again.

Firstly, you should have been getting half yearly statements from the bank but you have not. There have been many a transactions and other attempts made on your vaults. Secondly, we are being blocked from informing you of the will of one Sirius Black. Being the primary beneficiary of the will, the reading will not proceed without your attendance. This, however, is a very small list of offences which will be corrected along with others, that remain too dangerous to write down on paper. Forgive us for the short missive but all will be set straight upon your presence at Gringotts. Your arrival here is imminent at any second.

May your gold flow and enemies suffer

Ragnok

Director of Gringotts. 

AN:- Hope you like it, my first fic ever.If you have any suggestions then comment.Please tell me any corrections. Also my facts are by books so I don't care what movies say. I will soon post but it's my final school year and all that final exam thingy in 2 months so there may be long waiting periods.Yeah so that's all.....

Moon Signing off