Chapter 16

Without a second to spare, Harry was out of the door, Remus and Ginny hot on his heels while the rest followed. The lobby of Gringotts was silent and deserted. None of the goblins were taking part. They may want to arrest Dumbledore but it was for the crimes against The Goblin Nation. In these type of situations, they were extremely neutral.

"I trust that while not participating in this battle, the doors of Gringotts are open for refuge as long as no wizard magic is used within these halls?" Harry asked the goblin beside him as he reached the main doors at a brisk walk. Sounds of battle bombarded their ears as the doors were opened. Many of the wizard folk were running away and hiding. At the nod of the goblin, Harry Potter disappeared into the fray.

He dodged the jet of fire, barely noticing as a piece of shrapnel cut his forearm, drawing blood. Barely seconds into the fight, he had lost sight of Ginny and Remus. "Protego!" he cried out, shielding a young boy from a stunner. "Go to Gringotts!" he pushed him, hoping he'd make haste. Harry ducked under a stray curse, yelling out, " Got to Gringotts for safety!" 

Harry pushed against the sudden flow to Gringotts, trying to make it to the where the Death Eaters were concentrated. As he went about, Harry did not stun the Death Eaters. That time at The DOM, fellow death eaters kept reviving the stunned ones. He sent reductors and bone breakers. Anything that takes them out of the fight but not kill. As the wizards saw Harry Potter their courage boosted, now fighting alongside him instead of running away like before. Then he stumbled. A green light narrowly passed his head, just missing it. He could feel shivers run down his spine as he fought to stay upright. The screams and pleads surrounding him fell deaf on him as he was trapped in his own nightmare.

'No! Not Harry! Please!'

'Bow to Death, Harry'

'Sirius! Sirius!'

' You're worthless Harry Potter. That is why your parents chose death over saving you. '

'Love is something no one is capable of showing you.'

' You're a freak! Just like your worthless drunk unnatural freaky parents!' 

'Your father, pleaded on the floor. Begging for mercy. Leaving his family to die.' 

"Expecto Patronum! " he shouted, as a large silver stag burst out of his wand. It galloped across the sky, throwing back the dementors. He vaguely made out a Jack Russel Terrier and an Otter joining his patronus. 

"Help!" he whipped around. There was a woman and a girl of not even close to Hogwarts age. Their faces were terrified. Two Dementors were upon them, hoods thrown back, ready to kiss them in seconds. Except that both of them were miles apart and his patronus could only make it in time to save one. His hand clenched tightly upon his wand. It was like he could hear Voldemort's voice echo in his head.

'Choose Potter. Will it be the young, naive girl or the poor, helpless woman. Tick Tock, Tick Tock.'

With a shaking hand, Harry directed Prongs to the young girl. He stayed long enough to see that she was saved and turned back, not looking at the now soulless woman.  He pushed it all to the bak of his mind. 'Not now, Potter. Get a grip.'

"Well, well if it isn't the infamous Potter," the masked wizard infant of him drawled. It was familiar. So much familiar. " Well, of it isn't the common criminal Malfoy. I'd expect you to be in Azkaban but you're so incompetent that you can even stay at the place you rightly belong" Harry tutted. "Such a shame of a wizard, Lucy. You should let the big boys play. Go where you are actually wanted. Oops, my bad. Your too stupid that even Death wants nothing to do with you."