Chapter 17

Harry took in all the serious expressions round him. To his either side were Remus and Tonks. In front of him sat Ron and Hermione. Ginny, Neville and Luna to their left and remaining bar Molly Weasley and Percy Weasley to their right. Minerva McGonagall, Severus Snape and Kingsley stood by the wall, behind Andy and Ted. It was Luna's face he was unsettled by. He wasn't used to anything but her distant nature. Her eyes now smouldered with determination. He could vaguely recall this face at the Ministry but he was more focused on Sirius that night.

" So you're saying that Moody hinted Dumbledore was behind the Diagon Alley attack?" Hermione asked. Her voice wasn't skeptical, to the contrary it was thoughtful. That wasn't to say that there weren't skeptical faces among the crowd. But as Ragnok had later told, there could be some residue of the spells in their behaviour. It would take time for them to become normal again. Luckily knowing the damage it could cause if too many strong spells were applied when young, the teens were in better shape than the adults.

"Why else would Moody not be able to talk? Dumbledore business and by default Order business is the only thing that makes sense. Dumbledore obviously will trust you less fro now on. So you wouldn't be invited to some meetings"

"The logic makes sense but you have to remember various other things could've lead to it as well." Hermione said. She hadn't dismissed it. Just stating that it wasn't the only option.

"We have nothing else to do other than ponder. I suggest we go back before some of us," McGonagall shot a look at Arthur and the other  Weasleys,  " are missed."

"Potter, a word, if you will?" Snape gestured.

Harry raised an eyebrow before following to where Snape beckoned.

"Potter, I realise that I have judged you wrong. I do not know how much of it were the spells placed by The Headmaster or were just my misconceptions but I apologise. You have the good of both Lily and Potter Sr. And yet you are different from them. I apologise in advance for what I will have to do one the summer holidays end. I need to keep Dumbledore and Voldemort off my trail." 

"Apology accepted. Yeah, I kinda figured that. Even I will have to act differently towards you. I cannot just be friends with you so lets settle on being civil." 

Shaking upon that, Harry had a similar talk with Professor McGonagall. The Tonks family left with a wave. 

"Harry, I have talked to Madam Bones about the innocence of Black. She says that she can put some words in the Prophet to create doubt, but now that Sirius is supposedly dead, only his arrival and trial or the capture of Pettigrew can clear him completely. " Harry nodded. "I have also talked to her about the chance that he may not be dead." The normally silent man placed a hand on Harry's shoulder before leaving as well.

He could tell that his friends wanted to talk to him but he was first taken by Arthur Weasley.

"Harry, I apologise for the actions of my wife. I no matter my status, would not sink so low. You are like a son to me and have been that all these years.-"

"Mr. Weasley, I do not blame you." Harry cut him off. "Honestly I am just glad you are rid of her. There was always something too pushy about her. And er.... Mr. Weasley this is a bit new and I am private and hate expressing emotions but... Mr. Weasley if I wanted anyone to take on the role of a father to me, it would be either you, Remus or Sirius-"

Harry was prevented from speaking further by a bone crushing hug. "Arthur, Harry. Call me Arthur." and with a final shake and a stern glance to his kids to come over quickly he left as well.