Chapter 5

Diagon Alley wasn't all that much crowded. There was no student rush to get school supplies, and no mob of the summer beginning. And with the recent acknowledgement of Voldemort......let's just say people were chicken. Or cautious. But Harry preferred chicken. After all, the mind was half of the battle.

Harry didn't know where to start. He decided to go to the first shop that caught his eye, ironically named 'Catching Eyes'. Maybe he could get an eye like Moody. Luckily, the magic of the cloak did not require the hood to be put on, so his eyes could be, quite comfortably tested. The shop was tucked in the back corner, making it nearly invisible to spies. The shop itself was quite small with a young lady managing it.

"Such lovely eyes behind those glasses! What do you want; glasses, correction lenses?" she asked with a genuine smile. " You really shouldn't hide those eyes behind those glasses."

Harry shook his head. "Sorry but other than obvious reasons, this type of glasses hold a sentimental value." Harry said politely, the image of his father in his mind. In his eyes, no advantage was worth these little things. No, he would not get rid of these.. but perhaps he could enhance them... "Say, can you add extra charms to glasses?" Harry asked. "Of course. Many in fact. I'll even spell it good as new with a charm to keep it in its condition for free." "Deal," Harry said without a thought. It was finally time to spend some money on himself. He would not spoil himself too much, but after the Dursleys, it was time to have something bought for himself, not for school or necessities. In the end, Harry chose the impervious charm, which Hermione had used, along with charms to make sure the glasses never break, anti-summoning, see through various charms, wards and invisibility cloaks, giving a sort of X-ray vision. It did not extend to physical objects. All of these could be turned off and on at will. These were Auror grade, but Harry managed to convince her by giving her his identity, autograph, and an oath not to talk about his visit. He also bought two clear and coloured contacts each with the same charms, knowing that circumstances may call upon him to use them.

Next, Harry visited Madam Malkin's for robes. He bought 10 casual wear, 5 duelling robes, 2 dress robes, and dragon hide gloves and boots. Conveniently, as he could use magic now, he shrunk all his purchases. Which was effective in managing his purchases in Flourish and Blotts, where he got just about every book he didn't own. He had to curb his shopping, realising that Potter Manor would already have some books and he didn't want to own any extra copies. Not when self-updating books existed.

Tony's Trunks For All was a nondescript shop with nothing but a wooden plate to mark its name.

The bell on the door jingled as he stepped through."

" Yes?" The salesman asked, haggard, looking to be in about his late thirties.

Harry vaguely recalled Moody's trunk. "Is there a multi-compartment trunk, one that is highly enlarged?" The man glanced skeptically at Harry, like he didn't think he could afford to pay for it, but nevertheless, showed him it to him. "It has various compartments. The first is bigger than normal, but made to keep school supplies like books and clothes and inkwells. The second one is for potion ingredients and can be adjusted according to temperature to hold them. The third is for extras such as a broom. The fourth is an apartment. It contains 8 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a living room, potions lab, duelling chamber, and a kitchen. It is the latest and most expensive of models costing 2500000 galleons," the salesman stated blandly, trying to discourage Harry. "Security?" he asked. "Blood, voice and password recognition. 50 people can have access but no more than 3 different passwords." Harry didn't have to think much. "I'll take it."

Harry then stopped at Florean Fortescue's for some ice cream. He always did have a weakness for ice cream and treacle tart. He even said a few words to the elderly man, who had been a godsend in his third year when it came to History homework. He may have been ordered to look out for Harry by Fudge for publicity, or by Dumbledore, but no one told him to help with homework and give free ice cream every hour. He didn't even look at the scar! Not that he recognised Harry, this time.

His next stop: Ollivanders. "Good day, Harry Potter. I trust you take care of your wand?" he asked pleasantly. Harry's wand was out faster than one could say Quidditch. "Now, there's no need for that. I won't be off tattletaling to Dumbledore and the Order, nor to the Ministry. And I hope you know better than to think I'd tell Voldemort. Why would I tell anyone about you when you are obviously emancipated and a Lord? More than capable of looking after yourself. My word ! A goblin creation! Amazing. You'd better hold onto that while you still can," he cautioned. Harry smiled at the eccentric man. "Just a wand holster please," Harry requested. "Of course," Ollivander said. " That would be 20 galleons."

Just as Harry was leaving, Mr. Ollivander spoke," Best be sure not to loiter around, Lord Potter. This street will be soon populated within a day with the Order." Harry turned around, glad that he could somewhat trust someone. "Thank you, Mr.Ollivander." he spoke, grateful.

Before leaving Diagon Alley, Harry managed to transfer all of his belongings from his previous trunk, along with his purchases to his new trunk, by a pit stop in one of Leaky Cauldron's private rooms.

Next, Harry simply went to the Muggle London. There, he pretended to have been in a fire with plenty of insurance money, so that he could buy a new wardrobe. He spent three hours with the assistant getting what he needed. He planned to use muggle clothes for everyday use and robes for wizarding functions and such. Finally introduced to the perils of shopping, Harry shuddered at what would have happened if Parvati or Lavender had accompanied him. After a quick lunch at a cafe, Harry was ready to end his day. He had been up since the previous night, and his power was drained due to the release of the bonds. He was emotionally tired and it was beginning to catch up to him, even if it was early afternoon.

With a thought, Harry portkeyed to Potter Manor. He landed in an ornate hall, exhausted to take it all in. A crack sounded. "Hello, Master. I is being Milly, Master. Milly being head elf around here. Milly so glad little Master Harry came back!" Harry attempted a smile but came out as a grimace. "Is Master Harry being okay?" Milly asked worriedly. "I'm fine. I just had a tedious day filled with portkeys and many.....surprises. Including Potter Manor. I just need rest. Say, are there no portraits?" Harry asked abruptly.

"They be in the Gallery till master releases them. But master be handling that all later. Milly already popped Master's shrunken trunk upstairs and enlarged it. Milly being leading you to bedroom and Master be sleeping, then doing whatever Masters be doing." Milly commanded. Harry was led upstairs where he fell onto the bed without even glancing at the room. He curled up and finally released the tears. He cried at the betrayal of one, who no matter how wary he was of, was regarded as a grandfather. The pain of losing Sirius, and the pain of what he may be going through. For Cedric. For his friends. For the abuse he had faced. For the fear and helplessness that plagued him. For the huge gaping hole in his heart of knowing the truth, and the suffering the hurt that came with. For the uneasiness over giving his trust. For his parents ,and every other loss he had ever faced. Finally, he succumbed to sleep, a few tears still trailing down his cheeks and glistening in the rays of the sun.

AN:- Now that was a sad chapter...eh. Well how good is this story for someone's first fic? I'd really appreciate comments and votes, to see how I write and all .

Moon Signing Off