Healing Up One Wound...?

Recap: I didn't even realized that I was by the Curtis' house because...

Johnny's POV:

If it wasn't for Pony, yelling, "HEY JOHNNY! WHERE YOU TAKING BELLE?" I might've passed the house up to the DX even if Steve wasn't there. Anyways, once I took her in the house I screamed out for Steve.

"STEVE! WE HAVE AN EMERGENCY! BELLES IS BLEEDING ON HER HEAD!"

"I'M RIGHT HERE JOHNNYCAKES YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL. BUT PUT HER ON THE COUCH." He responded, well more like yelled.

"Sorry for yelling Steve." I said

"It's ok. Can I talk to you outside for a minute though?" He asked.

"Yeah sure."

When Steve and I walked outside, I was nervous. 'I'm not nervous because I used to be scared of everything, but because if Steve doesn't let me hang with my sweet angel then I'mma be upset ya know? She's so pretty. Even if I just met her today.'

"Johnny, do you like my little sister?" Steve suddenly asked.

"What? I don't- I mean- she's pretty, sweet and I feel really pro- yeah. How'd you know?" I asked embarrassly while scratching the back of my neck.

By this time I was blushing mad.

"You kinda just said your thoughts out loud." Was his reply. Now I feel like an idiot.

If it was possible, I would be blushing even redder. Redder than a cherry tomato. "Just don't break her heart aight. I love her. But you might have some competition with Horseman over there." He said.

Dang. I forgot about Ponyboy.

But he was just looking at her like she wasn't good ya know. Said a voice in my head.

I'm good since I'm 16 right?

You should be, says the voice.

Besides, she's 15.

She's 14 remember, it says.

She's - 15 is the new 14.

Still 14, it sang.

Whatever, she wouldn't wanna be with a 14 year old...Right? I ask.

It's what you believe, it says before leaving me.

Anyways, when I put Belles on the couch I asked Steve what's wrong.

"Well, um I was actually originally going to bring Belle here for Darry to check out. Then I got side tracked with Soda and she started talking to you. She seems comfortable with you so yeah. Anyways, I don't know. When I went to pick her up, I saw blood on the side of her head. She feel alseep on our way here so I couldn't ask her what happened. But when she wakes up I'm going to ask her what happened." He replied.

When Steve said she's comfortable around me I swear I thought I saw Pony mad.

No, that can't be. He doesn't like her. Does he?

Only one way you can find it, says the voice.

Oh great.

*4 hours later*

Steve's POV:

Its been 4 hours and I'm worried about Belle. What if she lost a lot of blood? What if we need to bring her to the ho- my thoughts were caught off when I hear a groan.