But I Still love her

----- 24 Months Later -----

Ponyboy's POV:

"I love her man. I've loved her ever since I laid eyes on her. I- you know I couldn't- I still don't know how to show her I love her." I told Johnny.

"Well man, just come out and tell her. I mean yeah, she might not believe it but remember 2 years ago when we heard her talking to Darry? She's had a rough past, but we're here for her. I know you can do it man. I mean I love her too. But, I think your both great for each other. I'll admit, it's probably gonna be hard for me, but I don't care man, Belles is a one of a kind girl, she deserves love. I know, I know you can give it to her."

"You really think so man?"

"Yeah. How do you feel? After that happened?"

"I jus-" I was cut off by seeing something I thought I never want to see. I saw Belle-bear getting jumped. Why would they jump her? I thought she was like one of them?

Summary of what happened 2 years ago; When the socs went to talk to Belle-bear, they said something to her. I know it. I guess Dal was distracted or something so he doesn't know. But, whatever they said to her, it must have persuaded her to be with them.

And right now, she's not fighting back. I know she can fight, why won't she fight back? She's just letting it happen. "Aye! Get y'all's hands off 'er." I yelled while going over.

"Oh yeah, and what are you go'na do 'bout it, greaser?"

"I have my switchblade. If y'all ain't scared, then tell Bob I said hi." as I flicked out my switchblade they ran outta there. If they think they could jump anyone, they shoulda had a blade like they did with me 2 and a half years ago.

"Belle-bear, you alright?"

"Pon-" agh geez...

"Alright, let's go Belle-bear, even though yous unconscious." What did they do to her? Did they beat her? Did they torture her? Make her preppy?

--- 5 Minutes Later ---

"Johnny, man, open the door."

"Why wha- wHaT hApPeNeD tO bElLeS?!" he shouted.

"Would you quiet down man, she got jumped."

"Is, is she,..." he couldn't even finish what he wanted to say. I know what he wanted to say though. I hope that they didn' jump 'er that bad.

"No, at least, I really hope not. She's unconscious right now though."

"Let's bring 'er in."

"Aight."

"'Ey Pony man, what took you so- What, is that, that can't be, can it? Is that Ana?" Two-bit and Soda said. Well, Soda said Belle-bunny, but yous knows what I means.

"Yeah. She got jumped."

"Why does she have a bunch of scratches though?"

"Some didn't fight back."

"She what?! Why?"

"I don't know. But what I do know is that if them socs try to touch her again they won't see what's comin." By now I was steaming. I wanted to walk out there so bad and fight them, but I know I can't. Not without knowing Belle-bear is ok. "I'm stayin' here til I know Belle-bear is OK. Because I still love her."

"You what?" She's awake... 

She's awake.

She's awake!

SHE'S AWAKE AND SHE HEARD ME! WhAt ThE fLuBbErDoOdLe Do I dO kNoW?!?