The Chase

Steve's POV:

The gang and I were running after Danny and Belle. I kinda forgot to tell them that Belle runs really fast. Like Horseman fast but slightly faster. So, this should be fun. 😈

"Pony! Go after them! You're faster!" Sodapop said. Oh lord, this is gonna be funny.

"Aight!" When I saw Horseman run, I knew that Belle was gonna run faster. And I was right.

Ana's POV:

"Hey Danny, did you bring out skateboards?" I forgot if he brought them, he might've left them by the sidewalks. If I am right then we would be able to lose them easier since we would both be at the same speed, and we could go faster.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot!" YES! Mental fist pump in the air.

"Let's go! I'll be able to bring us there. Just keep holding on. I'll run faster."

--- 5 Minutes Later ---

Danny's POV:

I showed Belley where I left the skateboards. Thank the Lord that I hid them in a bush. Belle's skateboard is a Blackout that says Blackout deck in grey with a fail on the bottom in red with a black background, while I have a Blackout skateboard that says FL!P on the deck.

"Ready?"

"Do you have amazing skills in skateboarding and singing?" She gave me a look that says I don't know. "Yes to both."

Before we started skating we looked back. "I see Ponyboy and Johnny semi-behind us. Let's go!" Belley said.

"Aight, but you're taking the lead."

"Fine by me." She said. I'm glad I saw her with a grin. I haven't seen a real one since, well, I have but I mean I haven't seen her smile when she's with me and other people. In Texas she normally smiled with just me. Its cool. I really hope that if I stay here, then I'll see her smile more. "Hurry up slow poke!" She yelled. When I got out of my small trance, I noticed that she was half a mile ahead of me. Wow. She does go fast on a skateboard. Then again, she loves to skateboard. "I'mma catch up to you Belley!" I yelled. Before I started to skate I looked back. I noticed that Johnny and Ponyboy were a few meters behind me. Time to go!

Man, I am so weird.

Anyways, I started to skateboard and in a few minutes I caught up to Belley. Man, I love cruising with her. It's peaceful, calming, and fun.

"Hey! *hh* That's *hh, hh* cheating!" Johnny said. Man, this is fun.

I grabbed Belley's hand, "Wanna go to the Dingo?"

"Do you know where it is?"

"Nope. Wanna go back to the guys?"

"Art thou suggesting defeatness?"

"Uh... no."

"Mkay, then let thou catch up to we."

"Whatever thy queen says, you're majesty." I said in the most horrible British accent ever. Belley gave me a deadpan look. Uh oh. If I pissed her off, then I'm gonna be hearing her British accent. Good thing, I like it. Ok, that sounded weird but she looks so cute when she's mad 😍. "Are you mad at me?" I asked her while giving her my puppy eyes.

"Just a li'l bit." She responded with her British accent.

Man, I hope I find a girl with a British accent. Anyways, "Aww, c'mon Belley. Don't be mad at me. You looooooove me!" I said with a baby voice and making a heart with my hands.

"True. C'mon lets go. I want some food. What about you?"

"YOU'RE FINALLY EATING?" I accidentally yelled.

"JOHN- I, uh, mean DANNY! They aren't supposed to know. Well, they didn't know until you blabbed. Thank you very much." I know she was using sarcasm but I had to. You cannot blame me. You'd probably do it too.

"No problem Belley." Which earned my a smack on the back of my head.

"Did I hear that right?" Johnny and Ponyboy asked at the same time.

"What are you talking about?" Belley and I asked at the same time.

"You said that Belle-Bear is finally eating." Ponyboy said.

"Whaaaaat? What are you talking about Ponyboy? I said You're finally meeting. As in you're finally meeting that guy that gave her a card about her singing."

"Oh. Really Belle-Bunny? That's sooooo cool. When are you meeting him?" Johnny gave me that look. It always creeps me out how he knows when I'm lying. Like he can feel the lies like they are coming out of his mouth. Really creepy.

"I'm meeting him on um, July 22."

"Really? That's cool. W-will you be gone all day?"

"Um, no. Just a few hours. Three the most."

"Really? AWESOME! I, uh, I mean, that's cool."

"Yeah. So, how long will it take the guys to come?"

"If y'all want we could go back and meet up with them."

"Yeah, that sounds cool. I'm hungry what about y'all?"

"Same." Johnny and Ponyboy said simultaneously.

"Aight, last one to the guys is a rotten egg!" Belley said and yelled that last part. She is a stinking cheater!

"You're a cheater!" I yelled after her. But nonetheless I skateboarded after her while the guys looked at each other then took off. Man, are they fast runners. But Belley is still faster than them.