The Wave Length Bond

Doctors POV

Why, why won't she tell me. It's not as if I'm not already aware.

I jumped into my own time stream, I saw what she saw. I know what happened in each echo.

I felt her pain coursing through my body each time she died. It was worse than dying, it was torture.

You see, the universe has this thing, it's called a wave length bond. It connects two individuals, that are meant for eachother.

It's what humans would call true love. Or love at first sight. You go through relationships, most have attributes that would match those of your bond, but, not exactly.

Usually it occurs only within your own species, that's why a dog doesn't fall in love with it's human companion. But the thing with time lords is, we can have a bond with any species. Usually near Galifrey as it is closest to home but, I've spent most of my time on earth.

Clara's not just the impossible girl. She's my bond. That's why she is the impossible girl, it could have been anyone, any companion, even river, but no, it's clara, it was always going to be clara. The reason I couldn't let her die. Why it hurt so much, why I had to know who she was.

And there's one thing left, isn't there always.

I can live forever, she is human, she cannot. But, she can. Oh she can.

The chameleon arch. It doesn't only change time lord to human, but it changes whichever species time lords bond with, into a time lord.

But, she would be in such pain, and I cannot bare to hurt her like that.

Not yet.