chapter 2

Rae's POV
I got to the store late and had to start working immediately because we had an early morning rush since it was summer,during my lunch break as I walked towards the coffee shop I bumped into a guy Jones and poured all my coffee on the floor well there goes my only money I thought to myself.

Jones, who was a childhood friend back when things were normal between my mom and dad

'hi, Rachel its been so long' 'yeah good to see you too' I said looking left and right about to walk away when he called me back 'at least let me buy you lunch for spilling your coffee' I nodded and Managed a smile since I had no choice, we caught up during lunch on some funny past experiences.

I laughed harder than ever forgetting master for a moment I thanked him as we walked out of the cafe 'i hope we can do this sometime again' I nodded and smile as he hugged me briefly and then walked away the rest of the day was not so busy so by some minutes to 4 I said goodbye to Mrs Jamieson the store owner and walked home.

I approached the estate I noticed the car master took out this morning was parked there in the estate I was in a bit of a shock as master had never come home that early before, I had different thoughts running through my head as I opened the door and the whole house was dark

'Rachel' he called out which was not a good sign as he only called me by my full name on rare occasions, I looked around to trace his voice to where he was and saw him leaning on the settle with a cup of whisky in his hands 'so how was your Day' 'fine' I replied quivering  'anything interesting happen today' 'nothing much ' I said still shaking, his eyes flared up, he dropped the cup and slapped me next thing I was on the floor crawling to the edge of the room as he walked after me I felt a little blood trickle down the corner of my mouth 'who was the boy you were giggling with like a slut' the tears flowed freely 'I'll  deal with this when I get back later this night'.

I like up as I heard the main door open and close I realized I had fallen asleep on the floor in tears I ran to the kitchen to get his regular which was a cup of whisky and lime as I attached my hand to give him it slipped and fell , I ran to the kitchen to get a rag without sparing him a glance as I walked back to the kitchen after cleaning the mess I felt a strong grip on my hair as I was dragged back to the corner of the living room, I knelt down and removed my shirt as were the proceedings to a punishment 'who was the boy' I heard as the whip landed at my back he continued not giving me space to breathe or talk as I was eventually swallowed by darkness 'Hello Midge yes its Demitri I need you down at my house ASAP".

A/N: PLEASE BEAR WITH ME IF THINGS ARE A LITTLE SLOW Į USE MY PHONE TO TYPE