Closer - 11

Serena and Ash were both running as fast as they could to Serena's house. The storm was really bad. Ash's arm was bruised but he still didnt give up. 

Serena: There's my house. Almost there. 

Serena's house wasn't that far at all from Ash's. It was across from his. But having a bruised arm didnt quite help. 

Serena: Come on lets get inside Ash. 

Serena opened the door to see her mother, Grace, who was standing right behind the door dumbfounded. She didnt know who that boy was. Standing right next to her daughter.

Grace: Serena!?!? Where were you?! Cant you see how bad it is out there? And who is this?

Serena: Mom, now's not the time, please. Ash is hurt!

Grace stared at Serena weirdly. Serena was confused. 

Ash: Hello ma'am. My name's Ash. 

Grace observed Ash. She did a quick scan and then looked at Serena. It was like she was questioning if she knew him or not. 

Grace: Hmmm.....

Serena: MOM! 

Grace: Oh my! Your hand! What happened?! Serena, can you bring Ash to your room please? Im going to get a cloth and an ice pack. 

Serena's POV --

This can't be real! Ash, Ash ketchum is coming with me to my room! Ive never had a boy go there before. 

End POV. 

Serena had a slight blush as her and Ash were about to get up on the stairs. She couldn't help it. She thought it was pretty cute. A popular guy like Ash not only coming to her house, but also staying in her room sure brought her some happiness. 

They finally made it to Serena's room. Her room was really nice. It had a queen bed, a desk, a huge closet, and a little play area for her Pokemon.

Ash sat on a chair in front of Serena.  

Ash: Wow Serena. You have an awesome room! 

Serena: Thanks Ash I like your room too! 

Ash's POV -- 

What?! She's never been inside my house before. What does she mean? 

End POV. 

Ash: So is it only you and your mother that lives here?

Serena: Yeah. Just us. It gets quite boring sometimes to be honest. Ive always wanted to have a brother or sister..

Ash: Tell me about it! Me too! 

Serena: Wait, really?

Ash: You betcha! Having siblings must be so much fun! It gets boring at home too.                   Come to think of it...  im never at home. Well... now I am. 

Serena: Well you have travelled and explored a lot.... you know.. chasing your dream, meeting new pokemon and people. Its pretty amazing Ash. Everyone at School is... i guess you could say.. grateful. To have you here. Ive always wanted to go out and explore but I just never have had the privilege. Come to think of it.. no one really has. 

Ash felt bad for what she had said. 

 Ash: Wow.. you know... Its pretty cool to see how much everyone enjoys me being here. Never thought id get that much attention, but I don't want that attention Serena.  

Serena: Why is that? 

Ash: Uhh..you know what. never mind. 

Ash: You know Serena, dont rush things. Things will always work out in the end. You'll find what you want to do eventually. 

Serena: Wow Ash, thanks so much! Youre right! I just have to give it time and continue to learn more everyday! 

Ash: Thats the spirit! 

Knock Knock.

Grace: Here you go Ash. Heres an ice pack and a cloth. It should get better in no time!

Ash: Thank you so much ma'am. 

Grace: Ash, you can call me Grace, okay?

Ash: Umm.. okay! Thank you Grace. 

Grace: So what exactly happened?! Did Serena do something to you?!

Serena: I DID not! 

Ash: Woah, you've got it all wrong ma'am. Serena did nothing! It wasn't her fault. It was more of my fault. 

Serena: Ill explain. 

Ash was surprised. She couldn't believe Serena was going to tell her what happened. Because he knew that it was Serena's action that caused him to get hurt. She didnt want her to take the risk. 

Ash listened. 

Serena: Look mom. Ash saved me. It was all my fault. 

Grace: Serena.. 

Serena: A tree was so close to hitting me. Ash then jumped towards me with his back against the ground. Thats how his arm got hurt. Its all my fault. I shouldve paid more attention to what was going on. Im sorry, Ash. 

Ash: SERENA!? Don't say that! Youre life is so much more important than one of my hands that can get healed in no time! Its no ones fault! You've been a great friend ever since Ive moved here and you too Ma'am. Youre treating me with such great hospitality. Your daughter is so important to you! She even told me that its just the two of you that live here together. I couldn't let anything happen to her! 

Serena: Ash...

Serena's POV --

Ash.. you're so.. amazing. He cares so much about me. Ive never had anyone feel that way towards me. He's just so... perfect *blushes* 

Grace: Awh Ash. You are such a great person. You've been taught well I see. You care so much for my daughter. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for saving my daughter. I just got carried away. Im sorry Serena. Serena, you're lucky to have a great friend like Ash. 

Serena: I am! Thank you Ash.

Ash: Hehe its the least I could do.  

Grace:  I have to go cook dinner. Ash, you're more than welcome to stay for dinner. If you guys need anything, just let me know. 

Ash: Dinner? Im in! 

Serena giggled and laughed. She thought it was cute. 

Serena: Okay mom! 

Grace gave a small wink to Serena as she was walking out the room. 

Serena got a bit mad and blushed. 

Serena's POV -- 

MOM! Why am I blushing like crazy!?!? Do... I... like Ash?! 

Serena! Snap out of it!!

Ash: Uhh.. are you alright?

Serena: Who? Me? Yeah I'm fine! 

Hope you all enjoyed! Again, sorry for the long wait. Exams = a lot of stress. Still have a few more exams so bear with me guys! Love you! <3.