10- Elijah Dion Clark

LILAH'S PoV

Monday morning came around sooner than expected and I woke up with a smile on my face. My first day of work! I stood up from my bed and showered. I had enough time for breakfast and an episode of Caillou. I actually forgot about that cartoon. I always loved that little bold boy for some reason.

When I finished, I took my car keys, straightened my white blouse and left the house. I'm ready for the first day!

»»»

I groaned when I kicked my front door closed. I took off my coat and glanced down at my stained shirt. Those children!
"Ugh." I said, before opening the bottoms of my originally white blouse.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I let out a scream after hearing his voice. I turned around and sure enough Elijah was leaning against the wall next to my front door. How did I not notice?

"Did you break in again?" I asked, exhausted and he chuckled, before pushing himself off the wall.
"Your brother let me in. I didn't know you had a job. Congratulations." He was in a good mood. I narrowed my eyes at him in suspicion.

"What's up with you?" Seriously, why was he here? I thought we were done.
"I'm just happy to see you, even though I can see someone else touched you where I was the only one allowed to touch." His eyes mockingly glared at me.

"Shut up." I slapped his chest and glanced down at the two yellow hand prints on my boobs. That kid was especially determined to touch me. Who knew little children were this perverted?

I heard him chuckle, but wasn't up for it. I just pointed at the door.
"Out." Of course he didn't obey. Instead he sat down on my couch before taking off his jacket.

"Elijah! Can't you see I'm already exhausted? I don't have any strength to argue with you!" I yelled angrily. He just stared at me with a blank expression, telling me he wasn't going anywhere soon. I groaned, before walking into my bedroom while taking off my clothes.

I sighed when I stepped under the shower, the hot water running down my back. I locked the door, so he couldn't get inside and try something. I had to get him out of my mind. Constantly thinking about him and then him showing up at my apartment didn't help one bit.

When I finished my long shower, I put some clothes on, before I went outside to see Elijah still sitting in the same spot as before. I ignored him and walked past him to make myself some dinner. I skipped lunch today, because one child forgot theirs. So I gave her my sandwich and just seeing her face light up was enough for me to forget that I actually didn't eat all day.

Some of the kids were cute and I loved how they each introduced themselves. Even if recess got a little wild, hence my stained clothes.

I finished myself a bowl of ramen noodles. I was about to grab the bowl from the countertop when I felt his presence behind me. His two hands came to grab the countertop on each side of me, caging my body between him and the counter. I closed my eyes upon smelling his familiar cologne.

"Elijah." I breathed out, not knowing what I wanted him to do. He pressed his front against my back and my breath hitched.
"Clark." His hot breath hit my ear.

"What?" I frowned, opening my eyes again.
"Elijah Dion Clark." I felt his nose at the side of my neck, running up and down. Did he just tell me his name? My breath hitched when he kissed a spot between my neck and collarbone.

"My favourite colour is red and I like Italian food." He continued. I turned around slowly and met his piercing grey eyes. He had a small smile on his lips.
"I don't have any siblings and I don't have a favourite movie. I don't trust people who do." He told me and I tilted my head to the left.