11- Mocking you

"Are you sure you never met him before the incident at the club? Like maybe in New Zealand?" Stacey asked me, sipping on her coffee.

"No, why?" I asked. I just told her and Jason about what happened on Monday. I'm just happy today is Friday and I didn't have to work as long as on the rest of the week, since the classes that I had today were only until noon. Right now Jason, Stacey and I are sitting in our favourite cafe.

"No reason." She shrugged before glancing at Jason. I looked between the two of them and sighed.
"What is it? You think this relationship is going too fast, don't you? I thought so too, but I just feel so safe around him." I said.

Elijah spent the last few days with me. We fell asleep together and woke up together as well. It just feels right even though we met only a few weeks ago. I could honestly imagine my future with him. Which also scared me. Were we moving too fast?

"No, we just- I mean he is acting a little shady. He still hasn't told you the reason why he didn't let you in that night and he's acting like the world depends on that. As if he'd die if you knew." Jason said and I sighed. I knew I shouldn't have told them about that.

"Opening up isn't his strongest quality. And I decided I'd rather have him tell me the truth than lie to me. And if the truth is that he doesn't want to tell me yet, then I should accept that. Besides, it's not that important anyway. I let go of that, why can't you?" I groaned.

"We just think you should be careful." Stacey said softly and I sighed. I haven't seen her in days, because she was always somewhere doing God knows what and now she acts like a best friend? Now when I'm actually starting to really like someone?

"Whatever." I took a sip of my green tea and scrunched up my nose. Nope, not a green tea fan either.

"Lilah, I'm just looking out for you." Jason sighed and I looked back at him.
"We both are." Stacey piped in.

"I know guys and I'm thankful for that. But you don't even know how good he makes me feel. He is so amazing, he cooks, cuddles with me, massages my feet after a long day at work. The list goes on and on. It just feels so right. And simply because he may have had a troubled past doesn't mean this relationship can't work." I told my two best friends, who nodded at me.

"If he makes you happy, I'm happy." Jason said, throwing an arm around my shoulder. I looked at Stacey, who still didn't look convinced, but she smiled anyways.
"I'm glad you're happy." She put her hand on top of mine and I smiled at her.

"Enough of that. When are you going to make that dinner we've all been waiting for? I'd like to get to meet your boyfriend and your new neighbours properly." Jason said and I remembered that I still had to invite them over due to the fact that last Sunday wasn't going to happen.

"This Sunday. And I'm not sure if I should invite Elijah." I said.
"Why not? He's a part of your life now, isn't he?" Stacey asked.
"Yeah, but I'm not sure if he'll feel comfortable." I admitted, knowing they would just add that fact to their 'why Elijah is shady af'- list.

"Oh." Stacey raised an eyebrow.
"You know what, I'll just ask him. He can still say no. But maybe he'll even want to come and I just misread the signs." I said to her, because her tone didn't sit well with me. So judgmental. Old Stacey was slowly coming back, I had a feeling. And I sure as heck didn't like it one bit.

»»»

I smiled as soon as I heard my front door open. I already knew who it was, since this was part of our daily routine. I would come home and make myself some food a.k.a I cooked for the both of us, even though he always says that he's not hungry.

Then he'd come to spend the night. And he would drop me off at work the next day, before working out and what not. Then the whole process would repeat, hence our daily routine.