12- An ultimate fail

Sunday came around and I woke up next to an empty bed. I was confused at first, but maybe Elijah just needed to run some errands. I mean, he always spends his nights here, someone has to look after his apartment.

I stood up and showered as always. I took my sweet time, since the dinner was in the evening. After the shower, I decided to call Elijah and see where he was. To my surprise, he didn't pick up, which was a first. Maybe he was really busy, so I decided to shrug it off for the moment.

"Okay." I sighed, before placing my phone on the couch and starting to clean my apartment. I cleaned every single dust and dirt away. I was sweating afterwards and really hated myself for taking a shower before cleaning. So I took a shower again, not washing my hair though.

I then put all the decorations in their places, closed cupboards and got rid of expired food. I went grocery stopping yesterday, so I didn't have to hurry today. I looked at the clock and saw that it was already past noon. But still not even time to cook yet. Ugh.

»»»

"Hey." Jason was the first one to step into my apartment. No sight of Stacey or Elijah. I hugged my brother, before sighing.

"Well, if you don't want me here, then-"
"Shut up, silly. I'm just nervous. I told you Elijah was coming. But something tells me he changed his mind." I told Jason as I led us to the dining area, where I decorated the table with candles.

"What makes you say that? I'm a little early, so there's still plenty of time for him to come. Stacey isn't here yet either. I just thought I'd help you a bit." He said and I smiled at him. I didn't want to tell him that I called Elijah plenty of times and he wasn't picking up.

"You're right. Speaking of Stacey. I'm really anxious she'll say something that would make him leave. He really doesn't seem to like her." I told Jason, while cutting the garlic bread I made. I remembered Italian food was Elijah's favourite, so I made lasagne, salad and garlic bread.

"Who can blame him? Stacey is a bitch." Jason chuckled, eating a piece of bread.
"Hey, I thought you wanted to help, not eat already." I slapped his hand.

"Yeah, I'm helping you by tasting your food and telling you whether it's good or not. This one is fine. Let me try-" I slapped his hands away from another piece and walked over to the table, placing it in the middle.

"They should be here by now." I said, anxiously glancing at my wrist watch. Jason put a hand on my shoulder.
"Calm down, L. You're making me nervous." He said just when the doorbell rung.

I quickly walked over and have to admit, I was a little disappointed to see Stacey standing there. But I hugged her anyways and told her to come in.  She hugged Jason and when I turned around to close the front door, I saw a familiar car parking behind Stacey's. I smiled brightly, before bringing it down a little, since he didn't pick up.

I watched Elijah walk out of his grey range rover in a white shirt and black jeans. He didn't have the nicest expression on his face, so I was slightly worried. But as soon as his eyes settled on me, he smiled softly.

"Hey. I'm sorry I didn't pick up all this time. I called you a few minutes ago, you didn't answer." He said, before leaning down to peck my lips shortly. I just made a humming noise, saying we will talk about it later and he licked his lips, before looking at something past me. I turned to see my two best friends stare at him as if they also didn't expect him to come. I rolled my eyes.

"Guys." I said, before closing the door and taking Elijah's hand. I led him towards my friends.
"This is Elijah, my boyfriend." I shot Jason a look, telling him to play cool and stop staring at him like a creep. He was the first one to stuck out his hand.