The Traveling Onmyouji

It took about a week for Akari's wounds to heal. After she was healed, Masahiro told them of his plan to go to Kaira's nest and stop him from harming the human villages. Akari protested at the thought at first, but when she heard his reason, she agreed to it.

"By the way, Akari." Masahiro said.

"What is it?" Akari asked.

"How many tengus were there in Kaira's nest?" Masahiro asked.

"Roughly around a hundred or so." Akari said.

"Four against one hundred. The odds might be against us." Masahiro said.

"I have to agree with you, Masahiro." Shippo said.

"We should probably find some more allies to help us." Kagome said.

"You're right. But where are we going to find them?" Masahiro asked. Everyone was stumped at that moment. They didn't really know anyone in the Eastern lands. Masahiro felt so embarrassed at that moment. How can the Eastern Lord's second son not know much about the lands he was raised on? Then Kagome felt a tug nearby.

"I sense jewel shards nearby!" Kagome said.

"Where?" Masahiro asked.

"That way!" Kagome said, pointing up ahead.

"Hop on!" Masahiro said as he crouched down and waited for her to get onto his back. That pose reminded Kagome of Inuyasha when he was in a hurry to get along the road or when there was a jewel shard up ahead. Kagome got onto Masahiro and placed her hands onto his shoulders. They both blushed at the intimate contact.

"Up ahead, Reina?" Masahiro asked, blushing. He was glad that Reina (Kagome) was on his back so that she wouldn't be able to see his blush on his face. He never had a female this close to him before. He felt his body heat rise by the second as Reina held onto to him.

"Ye-Yeah." Kagome stuttered. She was also glad that Masahiro wasn't able to see her blush. Masahiro held both of her legs as she clenched his shoulders.

"Let's go!" Akari said as she opened her white wings and went up into the sky. Kagome held on tight to Masahiro as they rushed through the forest. Then they arrived in an opened field where they saw three bear demons scaring the villagers.

"We should help them!" Masahiro said.

"Right!" Kagome said. She knew that they needed to save the villagers first. Masahiro helped Kagome slide off his back. Kagome quickly notched an arrow and aimed it at one of the demon bears. The bear demon was instantly turned to ash. Seeing one of their kind dead, they saw the one who killed him. The two demons went right towards the group. Masahiro lengthened his claws and Kagome notched another arrow.

"I'll handle this, guys!" Akira said as she flew over them. She started to glow in a white light and her white wings grew big and spread out. The demon stopped in their attack and stared at the white tengu. Feathers of white light surrounded Akari and she opened her eyes at the bear demons in front of her.

"HEAVENLY FEATHERS!" Akari yelled. The feathers shot down onto the bear demons like Kagome's arrows. The demons screamed in pain as they inflamed with white flames. Proud of her attack, Akari slowly descend to the ground.

"That was amazing, Akari!" Kagome said when Akari landed.

"Really?" Akari asked, blushing while scratching the back of her head.

"Yeah." Kagome said, excited.

"Um, Reina. Didn't you say that you sensed jewel shards out here?" Akari asked, changing the subject.