The Eight-Headed Terror

"That doesn't sound good." Akari said when she heard a deep, loud roar. It was a roar that made a shiver go down her spine. She noticed that Tomoe and Shippo were shaking as their shackles stood up. She knew that sacrifices were needed for the ritual. But the children are with them. What did Jigoku use for sacrifices? Then it hit her.

She used her own followers?! Akari thought with shock.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yamata no Orochi, it's so good to see you again, milord." Jigoku said, giving a bow towards the eight-headed dragon.

"Jigoku, well done on bringing me back." Yamata said in a dark tone of voice. That tone of voice reminded Kagome of Sesshomaru for some strange reason. Actually, Sesshomaru sounded more of cold than of dark.

"I promised you that I wouldn't fail you, milord." Jigoku said.

"Indeed." Yamata said, "But you forgot something, my dear."

"What do you mean, master?" Jigoku asked, her brow arched. Before she could blink, Yamata stood over Jigoku and grabbed her with his teeth. He swung her up in the air and she fell into his mouth. Swallowing her whole. Kagome, Masahiro, and Hansuke stood in horror of what Yamata had just did. Swallowing the one who went through so much trouble to revive him. They couldn't believe that he would do such a thing.

"It's seems that I have some very shy guests." Yamata said, "Why don't you three come out and greet me?"

The trio didn't know what to do at that moment. This demon was more powerful than Kaira. But this demon had eight heads and a jewel shard. Now Kagome knew how Hercules felt when he went against that hydra in the movie "Hercules". Too bad Phil hadn't stopped him earlier with the head slicing. Then he wouldn't have to deal with so many heads. Somewhat lucky for them, the creature has eight heads. Is that a good thing?

"Alright, if you won't come out on your own, then I will make you come out." Yamata said. Kagome sensed a large amount of youki that was gathering towards the eight - headed dragon. The trio quickly exited the cave. When they got out of the cave, the walls exploded behind them. Debris of the cave was laid out everywhere around them. Masahiro, Hansuke, and Kagome groaned at the pain they got when they were forced to the ground by the explosion from the cave. They looked back up and saw Yamata no Orochi standing over them. They had no idea that he was that big when they saw him in the cave. Well, they always say that looks can be deceiving.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Yamata asked as he stared at the three individuals below him, "A dragon demon and two humans. An interesting pair."

Masahiro, Kagome, and Hansuke quickly got to their feet as they stared at Yamata's giant form in front of them. They sensed the enormous amount of youki this dragon had. But with the power of a jewel shard, it makes him even more powerful. Masahiro and Hansuke unsheathed their swords and Kagome readied her bow.

"So you three going to fight me?" Yamata asked, "It's pointless to go against me."

"We won't know until we do." Kagome said, tightening the grip on her sword.

"Very well then." Yamata said as his eyes closed and started gathering his youki into his eight mouths. The trio quickly moved out of the way. A blast of dark blue energy shot from all eight mouths and hit the ground. A bright light blinded them and a loud sound was heard. When the light was cleared, their eye hues shook at the sight before them: a huge crater of where they once stood. The crater was big enough to fill in a lake. They looked back up at Yamata's tall form. Steam was coming out of his eight mouths. He let out a satisfying sigh.