Alliances and Encounters

Kagome's pack was walking down the valley path until Kagome felt two jewel shards coming towards. She knew who was coming towards them: Koga. She was getting really tired of Koga's declaration of 'his woman'. She didn't know when that wolf will ever give up. She hoped that Akari was right on Koga giving up on her when he finds out that Masahiro is courting her. She was happy to have Masahiro beside her. She took a glance at him as they walked through the valley. Masahiro glanced at her as well and he smiled softly. Then they held each other's hands and interlocked their fingers together. They both had small blushes on their cheeks. Suddenly, they saw a whirlwind coming towards them. Masahiro quickly got in front of Kagome. The whirlwinds died down and a familiar figure appeared from them: Koga.

"Hey Kagome, how's my woman?" Koga asked with his cheeky grin while his arms were crossed. A irk mark appeared on Kagome's forehead. It was the final straw, no more warnings afterwards for the wolf.

"Koga, for the thousandths time, I'M NOT YOUR WOMAN!" Kagome shouted at Koga. Kagome put her barrier down and let Masahiro's scent drift towards Koga. His eyes widen when he caught the scent.

"Who on Earth is courting you, Kagome?!" Koga exclaimed.

"Prince Masahiro of the Eastern lands." Kagome said.

"B-B-But, why?" Koga asked.

"Because I love him, Koga." Kagome said, confidently. She wasn't afraid to say it. She wasn't afraid to tell anyone that she loves Masahiro. He was the only youkai who loved her for who she is, not for her powers or looks.

Koga turned towards the male who stood next to Kagome. He could easily tell that the male was a dragon youkai. Wasn't Inuyasha's father killed by a dragon youkai? Why would Kagome let a dragon court her?

"He's a dragon youkai, isn't he?" Koga asked, pointing at Masahiro as he gazed at Kagome.

"Hai, what of it?" Kagome asked with her hands on her hips.

"Don't you know that you shouldn't trust a dragon, Kagome?" Koga asked.

"You shouldn't talk about Masahiro like that." Kagome said, narrowing her eyes at Koga.

"He'll betray you once you let your guard down, Kagome. So why don't you come and join my pack and you'll become my woman." Koga said, pointing to himself with his thumb.

"Koga, if you don't stop saying that I'm your woman, I will purify you...try me." Kagome said, holding up her right hand that glowed with reiki. Koga slowly backed away from Kagome when he felt her aura rising in anger.

"So what are you all doing here?" Koga asked, changing the subject.

"We're just passing through." Masahiro said.

"I see." Koga said. Then he noticed Kanna sitting behind Rin on Ah-Un.

"Why the heck do you have one of Naraku's incarnations with you?!" Koga asked, pointing at Kanna who was trying to hide more behind Rin.

"She's part of our pack, Koga. If you try to harm her or Rin in anyway, you will regret that you crossed paths with me." Kagome said as she and everyone else got into a defense stance.

"Alright, I won't." Koga said while putting his palms in front of him in defense.

"Hey Koga, wait for us!"

"Slow down, Koga!"

Everyone turned their heads towards the two voices they heard behind Koga. Kagome and Shippo easily recognized the two beings who were trying to catch up with Koga: Ginta and Hakkaku. The last two wolf demons of his tribe. She knew that the two were always following wherever he went. But they didn't have the same abilities as him. She also knew that they were always exhausted by the time they finally catch up to him.