Fangs

Kagome and her pack were on their way to Totosai's workplace. Masahiro decided he needed to get a sword and Hansuke suggested that they should go to Totosai for weapons as well. He also knew that he was the alpha of the pack, so he had to protect the pack. Masahiro had a gut feeling that Totosai wasn't going to make him a sword because of his former master had sealed his grandfather to a valley cliff and that he was partly blamed for his death because of his major wounds that his grandfather had inflicted on him. But Hansuke told him that he'll be able to win him over.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kagome! Shippo! It's been awhile since I last saw you two." Totosai said when he saw Kagome with Shippo on her shoulder who walked ahead of the group.

"Hello Totosai." Kagome said.

"Where's Inuyasha and the others?" Totosai asked. Kagome and Shippo were silent at that moment.

"It's a long and complicated story, Totosai." Kagome said. Totosai understood why the two were quiet. From what Myoga told him, Kagome and Shippo have left the pack because of Kikyō. He couldn't understand why Inuyasha would let the undead priestess join the pack when she was clearly after Kagome's soul. But he knew that the boy was a blind fool. Especially when it came to the undead priestess. He sighed internally at thought.

"I understand, Kagome." Totosai said. Then he noticed Hansuke when he came up beside Kagome.

"Hello, Totosai." Hansuke said.

"Hansuke! It's been awhile! How have you been?" Totosai asked.

"I've been good, Totosai. I've actually joined Kagome's pack." Hansuke said, smiling at the old demon.

"So what brings you here?" Totosai asked.

"We have a request, Totosai." Hansuke said.

"What is it?" Totosai asked.

"I would like for you to make a sword for someone, Totosai." Hansuke said. Masahiro came up and stood beside Hansuke.

"Who are you?" Totosai asked, looking at Masahiro.

"I'm Masahiro. The second prince of the Eastern Lands." Masahiro said. Totosai stared at Masahiro for a couple of moments and then his eyes widened even more than his original size.

"You want me to make a sword for the grandson of the enemy of Lord Inu no Taishō?!" Totosai said, shocked.

"Yes, Totosai." Hansuke said, deadpanned.

"Are you all crazy?!" Totosai shouted at everyone. They were all silent at that moment.

"Why don't you give him a sword, Totosai?" Myoga asked as he jumped onto Totosai's shoulder. Kagome and Shippo weren't surprised about Myoga's appearance since he always appears out of nowhere and then disappears.

"Are you siding with them, too Myoga?!" Totosai said, still shocked.

"That's not what I'm doing. All I'm saying is that you should give the boy a chance." Myoga said, trying to reason with him.

"Why should I?" Totosai asked with his arms crossed and looked away from the others.

"He has the same eyes as Taishō." Myoga said.

"Huh? Same as Taishō's? Taishō had golden eyes, not amethyst." Totosai said.

"That's not what I meant!" Myoga said, a vein appeared on the left side of his head. He sighed and then cleared his throat before he continued to speak.

"What I meant was that he has the same determination as Taishō: To protect those who are precious to us." Myoga said. Totosai scratch his head as he began to ponder. Then he looked up at Masahiro and saw what Myoga saw: the desire to protect. He remembered the day when Taishō came to him to make a sword for him. He also remembered what he had asked him.