Moments

"I'll see you later, Masahiro." Kagome said as she sat on the rim of the Bone-eater's well.

"Hai, Kagome." Masahiro said before he quickly placed his lips over Kagome's. The both of them blushed at the same time.

"See you in a month, Masahiro." Kagome said, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Hai, have a great time with your family, Kagome." Masahiro said, smiling softly as Kagome.

"Hai." Kagome said, smiling. Then she jumped into the well, leaving a blue light in her wake. He was amazed that Kagome could travel through time. No one can actually do that. At the time, he thought Kagome was joking, but now he realizes that she was telling the truth. Then he heard footsteps coming his way. He was about to reach for his sword until he caught the scent of the person: Inuyasha. Soon enough the second son of Lord Inu no Taisho appeared.

"Hey dragon." Inuyasha said.

"What is it, Inuyasha?" Masahiro asked.

"What is it that you love about Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

"Why do you want to know?" Masahiro asked as he sat on the rim of the well and crossed his arms.

"I just want to know, okay?" Inuyasha asked in a grumpy tone.

"Her kindness towards others whether they are demons, hanyō, or humans. She would always put everyone before herself. She never gives up whenever the situation looks bad..." Masahiro said.

"Could you just cut it short?" Inuyasha asked, impatient.

"Her pure and gentle heart." Masahiro said, "is what I love about her."

Inuyasha sighed at that. It was true about Kagome's kindness. She had a golden heart. She would care about others before herself. Even when he kept breaking her heart. He wished he had seen it sooner. It was too late now, someone else has her heart. But he had to make sure that this dragon won't take advantage of her.

"Why do you ask, Inuyasha?" Masahiro asked.

"I just want to make sure that she made the right choice. I don't want her to get hurt again." Inuyasha said, turning away from Masahiro.

"Don't worry about Kagome, Inuyasha." Masahiro said, "I love Kagome with all of my heart."

Inuyasha turned towards Masahiro and saw the gentleness and the determination to love and protect Kagome from anyone who might harm her in his amethyst eyes. It reminded him of himself when it came to Kikyo. But Kikyo was only using him to make Kagome suffer. But now, he was glad that someone loves Kagome for who she is: herself.

"I'm glad." Inuyasha said with a small smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm home!" Kagome said as she entered her house. Somehow, it felt good to be home. It had been quite a while since she had been home. She wondered how everyone was doing. Then she heard footsteps coming towards the front entrance from where she now stood. The owner of the footsteps appeared in front of Kagome: her mother, Mai.

"Kagome." Mai said with widened eyes.

"Hi, mom." Kagome said.

"Kagome!" Mai said as she ran and embraced her daughter. Kagome tightened her embrace.

"Is Kagome back?" Souta asked as he and Grandpa walked in on Kagome and Mai's hug.

"KAGOME!" Souta and Grandpa said at the same time as they joined in on the hug.