The Demon Breaks the Chains

It was now a late morning. The sun was shining brightly, the birds were chirping their morning songs. I could hear the Lost Boys loudly chatting in the dining tent.

I could not wait to tell the boys that I remember them. It was no wonder they looked at me oddly when I met them. I reminded them as the little girl eight years ago. The little girl named Emerson, that loved each and every one of them, including Blade.

Even more, I could not wait to tell Peter. To tell Peter my feelings about him, and how they seemed to have never changed.

I was getting out of my bed when a knock was sounded. "Winter, may I come in?" A deep voice questioned.

I respond with a smile, "of course, Hunter."

He walks into my tent, a pile of what seemed to be clothing was stacked on his hands. "I um. Well, first of all, I made that tea for Pan and he never drank it." He breathes out with a laugh. "Secondly, I made some clothes for you... Well, actually, these were yours a long time ago. I just added more length to them and stuff like that. You haven't grown much since then."

I nod my head with a giggle. "I know. Thank you by the way... for the clothes." I glance at the clothing I had on, all covered in dirt and sweat. "Hunter, I have two things to ask you."

He furrows his brows but nods his head. "Of course."

I sigh. "How did you know that I remembered my time in Neverland as a little girl?"

He sets the clothing on my bed. "Instinct and guess work, really. I saw you sneak into Peter's tent last night. You used to do that all the time when you were little. Of course, that doesn't mean anything."

"Oh," I managed to say. "And... what did you think of me then compared to now?"

He smiles at this. "Not much has changed. Wolf and I found you and Pan knocked out next to each other on the beach. Pan woke up before you and told us that he was having trouble remembering things." He lightly laughs at that.  "He also told us that you were our sister, Emerson, all grown up. We watched you while you slept... not to be a stalker.. but you looked the same, just older. And your sass and sarcasm hasn't changed a bit."

We both laugh at that. Blondie had said something like that as well earlier. I was starting to feel comfortable already with my new family. Hunter called me his sister, Felix let me call him Blondie as if it was the best name ever. Tame just gives me smiles and kindness. I felt like I was truly apart of a family.

"Thank you Hunter, for everything. I'm going to go take a bath, I stink." I giggled, picking up brown leggings, brown boots, and a darker brown leather shirt covered with patches and a brown belt.

"Would you like me to come with you that way the boys won't come?" Hunter asked without the slightest bit of hesitation. Only because he knew that I trust him.

I nod my head and grab a towel that was folded neatly on top of my chest. I pause, "what's in this chest, Hunter?"

He switches his eyes from me to the chest. "Your weapons and journals, I'm assuming."

I smile, placing my hand on the chest, feeling the smooth wood at my finger tips. Then, I turn around towards Hunter. "Let's go... But let me check on Peter, first. Is he outside? Or is he in the dining tent?"

Hunter shakes his head. "No I haven't seen him since the day before yesterday, I think."

My face fell. I set all of the clothing down on the chest, rushing out of my tent and darting into Peter's tent.