Change of Heart

Summer's point of view.

I could not understand my feelings. I could not figure out what I was doing. I felt like nothing. Laying in my cot, a voice was screaming at me.

"Tomorrow night, Peter Pan dies, the demon lives," it said.

My heart beats faster. If only I got the chance to kill him. Seeing the light fade from his sickening eyes as my blade pierces through his dark filled heart. Rage was tingling at my fingertips, they itched to slit his throat. But there was one thing holding me back.

Pan, the demon side of Peter had convinced me to not kill him. That he will suffer and I would be there to watch. Though that wasn't even the best part.

After Winter had denied to join him, Pan decided that this would be my time for revenge. To make Peter hurt, I will kill Winter in front of him. I will make sure the pain will last long and laugh as he begs to let her go.

A smile spreads across my lips.

"I know what you're thinking," he said before appearing next me. I turn my head to him. He was exactly Peter though his green eyes were more fierce.

"Why can't we just get on with it now?" I questioned with a groan.

Pan grins, "patience, Summer. Peter will suffer tomorrow, and so will Winter."

"But they know what's coming, they'll be ready," I countered. "We might as well start their suffering tonight."

He takes my hands in his cold grasp. "Trust me, they already are. They're dreading it. Tomorrow you will kill Winter, in return I can bring back Blaze."

My eyes lit up with joy, my heart beating even faster.

Pan pulls away, his expression growing dark. "However, if you don't succeed in killing her, I will be sure that you will suffer forever."

I scoff, "oh please, all she has is a healing power and I've got plenty of magic. She won't be a problem."

"Change of plans," Pan spoke softly. "Peter's weakening is also weakening the island itself. Magic is fading away until Peter dies and the shadow finds its new owner of power. This is another part of my plan. I have to rip Peter's shadow before he plunges to his death."

My brows furrow, "why? Won't the shadow just leave after he dies?"

He shakes his head while crossing my arms. "The shadow will choose its leader. If you don't succeed, I have no doubt that it would choose Winter. If you do succeed, it won't change anything, the shadow could choose any of the lost boys before me."

"I understand. What happens if this plan doesn't go through?"

"It will," Pan snapped. "They don't know how to get rid of me."

It was then that everything clicked in my mind a new idea formed in my head. I could admit, I hated feeling so much darkness. I remember how good it felt to feel the sun and the warmth soaking my skin. I hated Peter, but as I pondered, my fingers began to stop with its itching for blood to spill. Goodness was in my mind, and I was suddenly desperate to feel it again.

Yes, Peter killed the one I loved. But it was when he was dark, when he was heartbroken because of me....

"So there is a way to kill a demon," I said after a pause of silence.

He shakes his head again, "no not kill, just get rid of forever. Peter gave into darkness and a demon, a worst version of himself was created. I am his blood, his darkness.

"Now, like the moon, it has its dark and light side. If Peter's blood is in the moonlight, then it will reverse us. I will grow weak and Peter will get stronger. To get rid of me completely is for Peter and I to go in the waters of Aqua Speculo."

"So Peter would have your powers?" I questioned.

Pan nods his head, "he would have his and my powers."

My heart was split. I could choose the demon to destroy Peter, or Peter to destroy the demon. Either one could get Blaze back to me. One threatens to make me suffer if I don't succeed, but one will do anything for me.

"Have a good night, Summer. Remember who's side you're on."

He disappears in a blink of an eye. I wait a few minutes before whispering. "Time for the demon to go back to Hell."

I smiled at myself for saying this. I could feel my body warming in goodness.

Slipping on my shoes, I ran into Peter's tent where I saw Winter sitting at the edge of the bed next to where Peter lay asleep. He looked like a ghost, I could see the bed from under his body. It seemed strange.

Winter looked at me, tears filled in her eyes. She looked clueless and afraid, her hands trembling. I sat next to her, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"'I want to help," I say. I look at Peter, his lashes fluttering in his sleep. "I know how to save Peter, but it won't be easy."

She glares at me, "what makes you think that I can trust you?"

I sigh then told her the whole story. How I was going to kill her, how Pan was planning to get the shadow and how Peter can reverse the power. Her eyes widened at every detail, hope returning to her face.

"I don't understand, why are you helping him?" Winter asked softly.

I shrug, "change of heart."

***

A/N: sorry for the short chapter but this was the best way to end the chapter. So, do you all have a change of heart for Summer? I sure do. I'm excited for the next chapter, and I'm sure you all are dreading that next chapter is the final chapter. Who knows? Oh wait, I do ;)