The End

Winter's point of view

Today was the day that my decision and caution could either save or ruin Peter and Neverland.

Peter was indeed nothing. He slept because it helped keep the pain away. And there were few times when he would stop breathing.

I was scared. I could scream it with all of my might. Imagining never seeing my love again was the worst thing I could even think of. My hopes only got better when Summer told me of her news.

"What do you get in return?" I had questioned her.

Summer had smiled. Her eyes scintillating with happiness. "Peter will be so powerful that he can bring back the dead. He could bring back the one I cherished."

"But Pan would've done the same thing..."

She nods. "But you know I've always been good. I can't let darkness win, despite the consequences."

I crossed my arms. "Are you saying you're prepared to die?"

Summer stared at me with so much certainty. "I will do what's right. And if I do die, I will still get to see my love again."

It happened like that.

The sun was about to set. The air chilled in an unpleasant way. My heart was racing, Pan would come to finish me and Summer off. And my toes tapped impatiently, waiting for the sun to come down and the moon to awake.

Summer was hopefully leading Peter into a hidden spot to keep the poor boy safe from Pan. A dagger was also given to Peter to draw blood in the moonlight.

But what scared me more was the thought of not succeeding.

Have hope, I tell myself. I had to do this for Peter. To destroy his darkness once and for all, even if it did mean sacrificing my life. I saw the goodness and happiness Peter held, I didn't want it to go away completely.

"Oh Winter," a voice called.

I could have shuddered at the voice. Peter, but not Peter.

He was leaning against a tree with crossed arms. His eyes sparkled greedily and a smirk played on his lips. "You know, I was really hoping you would choose me."

I scoff and raise a brow. "Give me a good reason why I should choose a monster over a loving boy."

He chuckles and shakes his head. "Oh Winter, don't you see? Peter will never be away from the darkness. You know why?" He pushes himself away from the tree and walks to me, grabbing my chin gently with his fingers. "Because he will do anything for you. And sometimes, love goes down a darker path. A path more dark than me.

"Winter, there's no need to be afraid of me," Pan whispered in my ear. "We both know deep down that you have a taste for evil. I don't blame you, Peter is overprotective, desperate, weak."

I let those words sink in. I stared at him and bit my lip. "Are you trying to say you love me?"

He smiles and glances at my lips. "How could I not? You're something so pure and innocent. I want it, I want your light and your dreams. I want to see your goodness with my darkness."

Shaking my head, tears trailed down my cheeks. Pan wiped them away with his thumb. "You know I'm just Peter's dark side. I'm still him and I still love you. It's just up to you and how wise your decisions are."