Kiss Splits Into Two

I watched Peter and Summer from across the sweltering fire. I squinted my eyes past the embers dancing to the night sky.

Peter has a smile slapped on his face as he talked with Summer. However, Summer sat there next to him disconsolately, her smiles unconvincing. But Peter didn't know that. Peter didn't see that.

In fact, Peter was a different person around her. As if putting on a show, he managed to get comfortable around her, talking easily with his eyes twinkling with happiness. My blood was boiling beneath my skin as I sat there with my arms crossed and my eyes shooting daggers at Summer.

Though, I was constantly questioning myself, why was I so angry? Why was my heart pierced with envy?

Simple. The answer had divulged into my head, and confirmed with my heart.

I was utterly in love with Peter Pan.

But he didn't know that. Summer didn't know that. No one knows that....

Except me.

"Winter? Winter!" Pan said, snapping out of my thoughts.

"What?" I questioned, my eyes flickering to his forest green orbs.

"The fire needs more wood, can you go fetch some?" He asked with a little smile on his face.

It was as if my blood was no longer boiling, but in absolute flames. "Last time I checked, I am the ruler of Neverland, Peter. You cannot tell me what to do," I snapped while standing up and stomping towards my tent.

"Winter, wait!" Peter shouted before running to me and grabbing my arm. "Why are you acting so strange lately?"

"Me? Strange?" I scoffed. "Do you really want me to answer that question?"

He rolls his eyes. "I just have this feeling that you don't like Summer."

I crossed my arms, a smirk painted across my face. "Well, considering you named her Summer and I, Winter, I have to be defensive about which season is better."

"Winter, I'm being serious," he growled, his eyes flickering from green to black to green again.

"Oh so now you want to be serious? So now I don't have to baby you anymore?"

He growls again, this time gripping my shoulders and pushing me fiercely against a tree, making me wince from the impact. "Do you think I'm not being serious?!" He spat, his eyes flickering continuously from green to black as he glared at me. "You may be the Queen of Neverland, but-

"Peter," I winced loudly. "You're hurting me."

His expression suddenly softened, and his eyes went back to its forest green. "I-I.." He lets go of me, his body trembling, "I'm sorry, Winter, I-I didn't mean to hurt you..."

My back stung with pain, tears threatening to fall. I closed my eyes, shaking my head and walking away without saying another word. I could feel his eyes on my aching back as I shuffled to my tent. Sniffling could be heard behind me, then dead leaves being crunched from boots. I turned around, only to see Peter running into the forest with a knife in his hand.

But this time, I didn't' run after him....

***

"Winter! Winter!" A voice whispered. "Winter, wake up!"

My eyes fluttered open to see Summer, a small flame being lit from her fingertips. Her eyes were wide, filled with fear. "P-Peter is gone."