Chapter 3

Liam's POV

After we dropped Jordan off me and Niall walked to my house. Niall pulled me behind a bush not too far from Jordan's house. We shared another kiss that felt more passionate than the last two and it was amazing. I wanted more, but I knew we were in public and it would be wrong. 

Our kiss seemed to last forever and it got a little carried away. I had to be the first to pull away because there was no way Niall was going to. 

After I pulled away,  we continued toward my house. Once we got to my house I had to knock because I forgot my key. After about 2 minutes, my mom finally answered the door with a huge smile plastered on her face. My parents knew I was gay and they were ok with that. 

"Hey mom," I greeted her with a kiss on the cheek. "Oh Liam who is this?" she asked. I smiled at Niall as intertwined our fingers. "Mom this is Niall and we're kind of a thing," I said winking at her, causing both her and Niall to laugh a little bit. My mom smiled. "Well it is very nice to meet you Niall. Why don't you guys come inside I will make you guys some lunch." "Thanks mom." "Thanks Mrs. Payne." 

Me and Niall ran up to my room after my mom gave us food. I opened my door and placed my food on my bed and went towards my closet. 

"Niall you can sit on my bed if you want," I told him. "Ok. What are you doing Liam?" he asked. "I'm looking for sweats, I don't want to wear jeans." "Oh, well can I borrow some sweats?" he asked very shyly. "Yea sure," I said as I threw a pair of sweats at him. 

Niall and I changed and I was going to turn on the TV, but Niall motioned me towards him. "Cuddle with me Liam," he pouted with his arms stretched out. I crawled onto my bed, wrapped my arms around Niall, and put his head on my chest. He looked up at me and placed his lips on mine. I deepened the kiss by putting my hand on his cheek. 

Our moment was interrupted by Niall's phone buzzing. He parted his lips from mine and checked his phone. "What is it Niall?" I asked. "Oh nothing it is just Jay." "W-What did he have to say?" I said very nervously. "Nothing," he said obviously lying. "Niall..." "Ok fine I have to go, he wants to meet me at the park on Main Street." "How come?" "I don't know." "Niall please don't go, please stay, I don't trust Jay," I tried to convince Niall. "But Liam he is like my best friend, Trust me Liam he isn't going to hurt me," he said putting his hand on my cheek and looking me in the eyes. 

"Can I at least go with you?" I said knowing the answer. "No Liam I don't need or want you getting hurt because Jay doesn't exactly like you." "I know," I said dropping my gaze from him. "I will text you alright?" "Ok, bye Niall." "Bye Liam," he said ,then kissed me and left. I really hoped Jay wasn't going to hurt him.

Niall's POV

I said goodbye to Liam and I left. I gave his mom and hug and proceeded to the park. I don't know exactly why Jay texted me to meet him, but I wasn't feeling good about it. I told Liam that Jay was not going to hurt me, but there was something in my head, from what the text said, that he just might.

Jay: Niall could you please meet me at the park? We need to talk.

The walk from Liam's to the park felt like it was taking forever, but I just might have been walking slow on purpose. When I finally arrived at the park I could see Jay sitting at the swing. 

I approached him. "Hey Jay," I greeted him. "Hey Niall," he said not turning to look at me. "What's wrong-" "I know, I know Niall. I know that you are gay. I know that you are with that faggot, Liam."

I wanted to defend Liam, but it would only confirm what he was implying. I stood there with a shocked face. How did he know? 

"What are you talking about?" I tried playing dumb. "Don't act all innocent Niall, because it isn't going to work. I want you to stop seeing Liam." 

Those words slowly broke my heart as he said them. "Unless you want me to tell the whole school and your dad that you like guys and that you are dating one." "I will stop seeing him as long as you promise not to hurt him, or have anyone else hurt him because if you do-" "If I do what?" He said standing up now. Jay was a few inches taller than me and I was little scared now. "Will you beat me up? Will go tell my mommy? Listen Niall," he said shoving me, "I don't care what you will do to me if I hurt Liam, all that matters is that you need to stop seeing him. Unless you want the whole school and your dad knowing that you are gay." I wanted to cry, scream and bash his face in all at the same time. I wanted Liam to be here. I just wanted Liam right now, but I knew I couldn't have him or else my reputation would be ruined or worse, Liam would get hurt....