Chapter 10

*3 days later*

Niall's POV

I picked Liam up for school like I do every morning ever since we started dating, but for some reason as we walked through the school doors it felt a lot different. It almost as if something that was happy was hit with a pool of sadness. That was when I remembered. I remembered what Jordan had said to me 3 days ago. Could it be true? Could Jordan have ended her life? 

"I wonder where that douchebag and Jordan are?" Liam said with so much hate in his voice. I couldn't tell him, Jordan didn't want me too. Even if she was dead, I had to keep a promise.  The secret was eating me alive, I just didn't know what to do. We went through the day and it felt like the whole world stopped because Jordan wasn't around. As 5th period came it still felt gloomy. 

Me and Liam walked into class and sat down. Not too shortly after Jay walked in and his eyes were all puffy, his hair was a mess, and he was wearing sweatpants instead of wearing jeans like he usually does. Liam whispered to me, "Wow he really looks like crap! It is quite amusing." "Liam stop okay," I scolded. He just looked at me like what the fuck is wrong with you? I just brushed off his glare and continued on with class. The school day finally ended and me and Liam headed to the soccer for my practice. 

Liam didn't really talk to me the rest of day, but then again I didn't talk to him either. I was about a half an hour into practice and jogged over to my bag to get water. I glanced over at Liam and he was playing o his phone. I looked past him and saw a very angry Jay walking towards him.....fuck. I quickly ran over to Liam to warn him, but I was too late Jay had already gotten to him and punched him right in the jaw. "What the hell was that for?" Liam groaned in pain. "For not letting Jordan be your friend again. Because of you she is gone," Jay yelled and he was going in for another hit, but I stopped him. "Jay no. Don't hit him, he doesn't know, he never knew about Jordan. He wanted to be her friend again, but you were always around her and he is afraid of you." Jay's face softened, "I'm sorry...it's just I got the call from her mom this morning and she had overdosed on sleeping pills. She always talked about death like it was the most special thing in the world. She would talk about ways to die and one day, one those tragedies would happen to her and she would be up in heaven." 

"Wait....is....Jordan dead?" Liam asked. I turned around,"Yes Liam. She came to my house 3 days ago and wanted you to know that she loves you and will always be in your heart. She says she is sorry for what she did and she wishes that she could take it back, but she can't." Liam had a look on his face like someone tore his entire heart out of his chest. "Why didn't you tell me Niall?" "Because, she didn't want me too." Liam stood up and took his backpack and ran. "Liam! Come back!" I yelled as I chased after him. He was way too fast for me. He was gone and out of my sight in no time.

Liam's POV

I ran. I ran and I ran until I went to the only place that I could stand to be at right now. I went to our place. Mine and Jordan's. It was a little waterfall in the forest near Jordan's house. When we first became friends we stumbled upon this place and we would go there all the time. We carved our initials in a tree near the waterfall. ~L + J = Best Friends Forever<3~ I ran my hand across the engraving on the tree and thought of all the memories that we had here. The time when Jordan felt so lonely because her parents were beginning to fall out of love and she was afraid that they were going to get a divorce. I came here when I was being bullied and I felt like there was no reason to continue. She was my reason though, she kept me here and I did the same for her. We were both there for each other when we were needed. Even though I liked guys, Jordan was the only person that I truly loved. And now....she was gone.