The Signals

•Mike POV•
November 7, 1984. It has been a year since she disappeared. I have been dreading this day because I knew it would be the saddest. The guys are worried about me, I can tell. I miss her bad and they know it. I'm just gonna try to keep her out of my mind. She's gone anyway.

•Dustin POV•
I'm worried about Mike. We all have been ever since eleven disappeared. Lucas, Will, and I are gonna go to Mike's house today since we have the day off from school. Maybe we can cheer him up.

•Mike POV•
I woke up around 10 this morning. I could smell something from downstairs.

"Eggos" I said to myself.

Why did my mom have to make Eggos for breakfast today? I pulled off my blankets and trudged downstairs. I didn't want to eat.

"Good morning sweetie!" My mom sang to me.

She had no idea what happened.

"I'm not hungry."

I made my way towards the basement. She gave me a concerned look as Nancy followed me down.

•Nancy POV•
I knew today was gonna be a mess. I watched Mike come down the steps and pass the table to the basement. I was worried about him. I knew he liked El but I didn't know it was this bad. I got up and followed him. When I got to the bottom of the steps I noticed he had some sort of blanket fort up. He turned around and saw me.

"This is where El stayed." He said with a gloomy expression.

He turned back and continued to stare endlessly at the fort. I sat on my knees next to him and put my arms around him. I could tell he was trying to hold back his tears. KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! I turned to the basement door and saw Dustin, Lucas, and Will looking in at us. Mike still had his eyes locked on the fort. Me and his friends exchanged looks, and I got up and left as the boys quietly made their way inside.

•Lucas POV•
When we got to the door we saw Nancy and Mike sitting together in front of El's blanket fort. We put our things down on the couch and waited. Mike sat on his knees, slumped over, and just stared at it. He was a mess. He finally turned around and said

"oh... hey guys. W-wanna play some D&D?" In a shaky voice.

"Sure!"

Will replied trying to brighten the mood. It wouldn't work. But we went with it and made our way to the table.

•Will POV•
Mike plopped down in his chair, still with PJ's and messy hair. We didn't care though. We understood he was really upset. But I didn't understand why Dustin and Lucas weren't nearly as upset. I don't think they understood either.

•Dustin POV•
"I'll be right back guys."

Mike said making his way towards the bathroom. As soon as the door closed, I leaned over the table and whispered to Lucas.

"I knew he was gonna be upset, but not like this!"

Lucas shook his head and replied "I know! What was it with the two of them though?"

Will started to speak but we all quickly sat back down when we heard the bathroom door open back up. Mike returned with tear stained cheeks and red eyes.

"So, where were we?" He said and the game continued.

•Mike POV•
A while later, we took a break and got some lunch. When we returned downstairs, we didn't feel like playing anymore so we just talked.

Halfway into the conversation Lucas blurted out "Why are you so sad about El?"

Everyone just stared at him. Dustin raised his eyebrows at him and gave him the why-did-you-say-that look.

"Dustin it's ok I get it." I replied but they all just looked at me.

"So what was it with you two?" Dustin curiously asked. All of them leaned in.

"Well....uh...El and I...kinda like...well I asked her.."

I looked down at my feet. This was so awkward.

"Come on Mike just spit it out!" Lucas said starting to get curious.

"I kissed her ok!"

Dustin and Lucas just sat there and stared at me while Will barely knew what we were talking about.

"Wait WHAT?!?" Dustin replied after letting it sink in.

"Yea we..uh.. kissed." They both were still just staring at me.

"WHEN?!?" Lucas yelled like I was a mile away.

"When we were in the school. We were in the cafeteria."

"So is she like your girlfriend now?" Dustin asked.

"What? No! She disappeared like 20 minutes later it was one kiss guys!"

I started getting embarrassed. I thought they already knew about the kiss. Will started to talk but got cut off by the sound of some static.

"Do you guys hear that?" Will said.

We exchanged glances and ran over to the blanket fort where I kept my super com. There was someone talking but I couldn't make it out.

"Holy shit." Dustin whispered. Someone was trying to contact me.

Hey guys I hope you liked my first chapter! I'll be updating as often as possible. Stay tuned!
-Ava