Painful Love

•Mike POV•
I couldn't understand why I was being forced to watch El do these things. All I cared about was getting her out of this place and keeping her safe. I didn't know what was going to happen today, but I sure was nervous.

•Eleven POV•
Mike was with me the whole day. Watching me do these experiments, watching me suffer and cry. Eventually, I was face to face with the cat once again. I don't know why they wanted me to kill an innocent creature, or how they expected me to do it.

"Eleven, you know what you have to do." Papa said standing next to Mike who was in sitting in a chair, hands behind his back.

"I-I can't." I quietly replied, hoping I wouldn't have to go back to the black room.

He gave me a long stare and then signaled the men. Not to get me, but to get Mike. His eyes widened when the two men easily lifted him out of the chair.

"Eleven, you have to do this or else, Mike will go where you go."

He was being evil. Using Mike against me. I don't know how I felt about Mike, but I know that I can't let them hurt him.

"El! Don't do it! I'll be ok!" Mike screamed.

But I couldn't do that to him so I did it, I killed the poor cat. A smile crept onto Papa's face. I was appalled by him and myself. I turned away from the cat as I screamed and cried. But when I thought of Mike and the thought that he wasn't hurt I felt better, even though he was trapped.

•Lucas POV•
"Ok so how do you plan to get back in and save them?" said Dustin.

"I don't know but we have to save them. Or else, they could get hurt." Will replied starting to get more nervous.

"What about telling Hopper? He might help us." I suggested and we all agreed.

We hopped on our bikes and headed for the police station.

•Mike POV•
I hated watching El get hurt, being forced to do these things. She had been doing experiments all day and she was exhausted. It started to get dark out so I figured there would be no more experiments. But Brenner had one more thing in mind. We entered a room with nothing else but two chairs across from each other. I was pushed into one and so was El.

"Kill Micheal."

Her eyes widened as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"No." she replied.

"Kill him or I will." Brenner said holding a gun up to my head.

"NO LEAVE HIM ALONE!"

She wouldn't stop screaming. She was being held into her chair and all I could do was watch. We were trapped.

Dustin POV•
We all followed Hopper through the lab down a long hallway. We could hear the echoes of El screaming from a room,

"NO LEAVE HIM ALONE!" She shouted.

What had they done to Mike?

"This way." Hopper whispered.

We turned a corner and found a door with a window. We saw Mike in one chair and El being held down and one across from him. Brenner had a gun to Mike's head.

"Eleven, I will not repeat myself again. Kill Micheal or I will."

•Eleven POV•
I stared at Mike with a gun held to his head. I couldn't kill Mike.

"5..." Papa started counting.

I froze and just cried.

"I'm sorry Mike."

"I love you El."

Was his only response. I had no idea what that meant but I hope it's good.

"1!"

Papa finished counting and a huge gunshot was heard. I screamed but realized Mike wasn't dead, Papa was.

•Mike POV•
I felt the gun leave my head as Brenner fell to the floor. I turned and saw Hopper walk through the door followed by Lucas, Dustin, and Will. Hopper aimed his gun and shot the two men holding down El. As soon as they released their grip she ran over and hugged me tight. Everyone else joined in the hug and it lasted until Hopper said,

"Hug later, we have to get out of here."

Hey guys! I know this one is a little shorter than usual but I'll make it up to you I have some rly cute ideas for upcoming chapters so keep reading!
-Ava