Different Than Us

•Eleven POV•
I was mad at myself for telling Mike why I couldn't tell him what was wrong. It must've sounded so weird. I laid in the guest bedroom staring at the ceiling thinking to myself, why did I say anything? My thoughts were cut off by Mike walking in with a friend plate of warm Eggos.

"Hey El!" He said smiling at me.

His smile was always so comforting. He handed me the plate and I began to eat the Eggos.

"So you don't have to go to school today since you're still recovering but if you want to you can."

My stomach dropped and I tried not to show my fear of Troy at the word school.

•Mike POV•
Her eyes widened when I brought up school. I don't know why she won't tell me, or why we will be in danger if she does. She violently shook her head no at the thought of school and gave me a nervous look.

"El, if you tell me I promise nobody will find out."

She looked down at her hands then back at me.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

She nodded her head and looked back down and fiddled her thumbs. After thinking about telling me for about 5 minutes she said

"It was Troy."

My jaw dropped. Troy actually hurt her!

"Why didn't you tell me!?"

She sniffled and continued.

"This has been going on since Tuesday."

"SO SINCE YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL?!?"

She nodded and started to cry. I pulled her into a hug and we sat there for a while. When I pulled away I got really mad.

"When I get to him he's gonna wish he never even went near you."

She looked up at me in panic and said

"You can't let him know I told you, remember?"

I sighed and nodded in disappointment. My mom yelled for me to get ready so I left El and headed out.

•Lucas POV• (woah)
Will, Dustin and I were waiting at the bike rack when we saw a furious Mike slam his bike onto the rack.

"Mike, what's wrong man?" I said as I put a hand on his shoulder, pulling him back before he walked away.

He sighed and looked to the ground.

"I bet he's upset his girlfriend couldn't come to school!"

Dustin joked as I gave him a look. Mike glared at him and yelled

"You know why she couldn't come to school? Because Troy has been bullying her since her first day of school! That's why she has been acting weird!"

We all went silent and Mike continued in a whisper

"She wasn't supposed to tell me either but she did."

"W-why wasn't she supposed to?"

Dustin uttered and Mike got closer to all of us.

"She said that Troy would do something."

Will and Dustin's eyes widened and when I looked up I knew why. Troy was standing right behind Mike.

"Looks like somebody found out why his little girlfriend has been acting all weird!"

Mike's eyes grew as he slowly turned around.